1st timer, please help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by skrewloose, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Hey everyone, I've read the stickys and other peoples growing woes. Here's my story sad but true.
    Lighting:
    Pioneer VIII High output eight tube T5 flourescent
    Hydro setup:
    13 Gallon bottom sprayer, using distilled water.
    Food:
    BC Products

My plants are 2 different types of skunk. Same age, 3 weeks. As you can see One plant is not doing so well, and one is thriving. I would like to try addind Hydrogen peroxide 3% to my water but I do not know the ratio. Please let me know how much to add also, Do I need to bump up my nutrients or is there another issue at hand? The roots on both plants extend all the way into the water in the tub and are starting to get a little dark in the middle. I will post a pic of roots in next couple of days. Any help comments or mean comments will be appreciated. (well not the mean comments). Thank you all, & I look forward to communicating with you all in the future. Thanks, skrewloose

Attached Files:

2. use 3% HP @ a ratio of 1-2 cap full per 1 gallon of water. not sure whats wrong w/ the 1 plant, maybe a ph prob, or it also looks like u got alge growing in the medium (pellets), or looks like a fungas or mold on the bad looking one, or just could be a nute burn. whats your ph, temps, etc. also use the hp every time you add water to the res. at a closer look there is lots of alge around the pots & in them, & they are a little light in color need to be a darker green (more nitrogen). i would suggest cleaning everything real good, (res, pellets, all of it), then refil it & all that good stuff. try moving the plants (swap them places) may help, & take some foil & cut round disks out the same size as pots, and cover the pot & pellets, only exposing the stem & plant, to keep light out. light + water = alge. hope this helps. pm me if u need futher help. they are still young you should gradually build up your nute strength, start at 1/4 strength, then next wk 1/2, & so on. you need a fan if you dont have one. & try adding an air pump & air stone to res, to keep the o2 leveles up. & you really dont need distilled water, use filtered tap, or tap water that has been left out w/ lid off container (for 24hrs) to let the chlorine evaporate. dark roots are bad, they should e a nice white & clean lookin.

3. O.K so I cleaned everything as you said added the foil bought a pump and stone. I do use a oscilating fan on them 24hrs on low. I am using an open grow room full basement. Temp year round is middle to high 70's no humidity, but not too dry either. I use Thrive Alive B-1 green as a folier spray once a week in the dark. Thanks for the reply. It's nice to have people to ask and give advice that know what there doing. Keep any suggestions coming. Next grow i'm going with Dr Joints Lowryder #2 Auto flowering seeds. So I really want to get this right. Thanks, skrewloose.