1st timer needs sexing help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ruprect, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Hi there. Pretty sure this is a male, judging by what I have read, seen and watched. It is the only one of the 4 survivors (from 10 seeds) that has these type of growths. I wanted to be sure before I consigned it to it's fate.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. That's why I am not so sure with this one. The others are all showing straight up female whitehairs and none of these growths. This plant is taller than the rest and less dense (I know, another sign) as well.
    Just don't want to find out that I am horribly wrong and cast out my only female while the others are dudes and just playing possum. :eek:

3. You have time to wait it out. Pollen won't explode out of it overnight.

4. hermi ???...any light leaks??:smoking:

5. They are in a 4x4x7 Mylar tent in my basement (see pic). Unless there is a very little bit creeping through the bottom vent flap during the day, I would have to say no. Besides, wouldn't the light leak affect them all?

Attached Files:

6. its not a straight male, worst thing is its a harmie it sucks but ur efforts wont be a total waste. like i said the female i got this year is growing the same wierd growths. all the males sexed before the females, but the males were around the females way to long. i think mine has either been pollinated or is a hermie but im having trouble finding out myself

7. #8 Ruprect, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2010
    After looking at the links left for you, bluntme, I am pretty sure that what I have here are calyx (or calii, there are a bunch of them. :hello:).
    Back into the tent it goes.

8. Yea bro, I can definitely see bud there... Female

9. Definitely female.

10. Good news for me then. :smoking:
    Thanks for the insight, gents.

11. i got so curious as to what my over grown pistol growth was that i pulled it off and opened it up... it was a seed. could b the same with yours as well. i put pics up you can find the link on my journal in my sig.

12. Shitty about you finding a seed there. We'll see in a week or so for mine, but I am pretty sure i was looking at some calyx.