1st timer looking for advice (grow bow)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by postig58, Feb 20, 2011.

1. #1 postig58, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2011
    ***grow box*** oops

hi guys, started to build my first grow box after spending a lot of time researching different ways and types. At first i was going to get a pc grow box from one of the sites, but decided against it (didnt want to spend so much money when i could handle it myself)

heres a picture of what i got so far, i know its not much but i thought it was a good start...

[​IMG]

the deminsions are 17x12x12in (HWD)

the base, and 2 side walls are made from the outside of an old dehumidifier i gutted...unfortunately i couldnt salvage the other 3 sides so im looking to cover them and add a door to the front some how. i dont think it should be that hard but any tips would be great

the fan is a fan from an old mini fridge, all i did was splice the wires to go directly to the 12v adapter instead of going thru a hot/cold selector like it originally was. i know theres a slight gap but i plan to cover that when i have the whole back piece.

i read that your better off with just an exhaust fan, so i set it up blowing out and as you can see i have vents along the side that i plan to cover for the most part, just leaving enough for air flow to come in (not sure if i should keep the vents on the bottom/middle/top?)

also for now i have the surge protector on the side. i saw some other grow boxes that had it on the top with the lights, and i do plan to use lights (advice on which ones would help a lot) but thought i would have the surge protector on the side so i can move the light up as the plant grows? idk just a thought

thats all i can think of for now, sorry for writing an essay over here. hope some of you can help me out, thanks