1st timer - I dont think this is right

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DirtySanta, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Bubbleponics in a 5 gallon bucket, 60 days old

Problems I encountered....
    1. mostly 83 degree room
    2. still dont know the distance from the plant for 400w MH light - seems i keep getting it from stretch to burn.
    3. ppm was at 1200 from start (bad well water), using 1/4 nutrients keeping it at 700 ppm on RO

I don't think it is supposed to look like this and since it is auto-fem-northern lights, is this supposed to be 4ft at day 60 with no flowering yet? thanks for schooling me!

Attached Files:

• mj.gif
      mj.gif
      File size:
      460.2 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 83 degrees? Lower the temp. Also, the bottom is getting no light, the lower leafs are basically going to cannibalize to productivity of the plant's growth. Basically the top leaves are working 2 jobs to feed the lower leafs.

3. Daaaammmmnnnn boi, nice looking plant for 60 days auto. That is going to be a big mofo if this is pre-flowering stretch...

Can you take a closer picture of one of the top bud sites? You may be in the couple weeks of flower and not know it. How many hours of light is it getting?

I don't have much experience with MH, but the bottom canopy not getting any light will be complete shit when it flowers, so I would either do some serious defoliation or lollipop her.

4. the temp is lowered now to 75, but shouldnt this thing be flowering? if it is at 4 ft now, where will it be?

5. yeah I have lost a lot on the bottom from a major burn day. I will try for a better pic of the top

6. That thing is gonna be a tree. You could just chop off the top foot if it gets too crazy, but that's not optimal to do during flowering. I've never tried training a plant that big, but you could tie that shit down and grow it sideways.

7. If it is legit auto, it will flower when it is ready to flower. If you want to get fancy with topping or any kind of training, you are probably going to want a non-auto strain, wouldn't want it to start flowering while it is trying to recover from excessive training.

• Like Like x 1
  8. That plant is doing just fine.

I would trim all that lower stuff though. See how it's doing great where the light is hitting? Keep all that. Lollipop it and you will have some nice big buds that will need top support

Look into lollipoping cannabis. You can find tons of videos online

• Like Like x 1
  9. Here is a top photo. I don't see anything showing flowering but I wouldn't know unless it slapped me. The plant hit my hood for a day and I think light burn (?) I got to it the next day but damage already done. It is drinking about a 1/2 gallon a day and I am not adding nutes, just RO water. lights are 18/6 from the beginning. I have researched lollipoping it and may do that this weekend, but I don't think my ceiling can handle another 4 ft. if I move my hood any further than 4-6 inches the plant stretches quickly. Should I change bulb to HPS and 12/12 or just let it go?

Attached Files:

10. should I just remove all water and put fresh well water with no nutes in? I have well water with 400 ppm out of the well but I also have RO water avail. I have been using RO water on top offs reducing the ppm to try and find a happy spot. Still haven't found it.

11. Calmag.. use it.

12. I don't know enough about autos to comment on the light schedule stuff, and I grow in soil so I have no idea if that's a lot if water or not.

But I agree it doesn't look like it's flowering at all from that pic. It's for sure going to be 8 ft tall though, that I do know (seriously, that is a sativa tree haha.) And it will absolutely ruin your bud if your plant is too close to the light, even the lower bud development will be severely limited because of the stress and it will be all fluffy.

13. Ok, I trimmed it up. I also decided to change to 12x12, bulb change to HPS, and flowering nutrient change. It then went into flowering. I am now 2 weeks into flowering and I am going to run out of ceiling in 12 inches. Not sure what to do? Here are some pics, should I trim more?
    IMG_2486 - Copy.JPG IMG_2485 - Copy.JPG IMG_2487 - Copy.JPG

14. Lmao that's a legit tree....

• Like Like x 3
  15. I know right, how did that happen?

16. Genetics? Sure they didn't give you a sativa dominant strain on accident? (I'm unsure just wanted to point out that your growing a tree in ur house.... )

• Like Like x 2
  17. this is from a package that says auto-fem northern lights. It is one of three I have opened. I thought this strain would be short?

Yeah, it is a tree. If I had 2 plants going at the same time, I could tie a hammock in between and swing.

• Like Like x 5
  18. #19 generic98547, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    Lmao yup Uh maybe show a picture of it to the seller* and ask them how the hell that's an indica dominant plant haha maybe you'll get some free beans...

• Like Like x 2
  19. so do you think i should lollipop it more?