1st timer - bagseed - 400w MH/HPS - closet grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Shaaaft, Aug 23, 2012.

1. #1 Shaaaft, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012
    READ I will update the thread title with what I am currently seeking info on. If you see that it's something you can help with then PLEASE share the knowledge.

Well everything is going well so far. Light got here in 3 days and that was when all three seeds sprouted and they've been flourishing under the light for a day already.

I'll be using this as a written journal so if no one ever replies to this thread it should still hit 50+ posts by just me :hello:

Stay for awhile, pack a bowl before you start reading, sub if you like.

My set up is simply a box fan, 2 window fans and 1 rotating fan for now to cool the light(which is working wonderfully). Open door to allow air to circulate in, AC set to 72 in the whole house.

I'll put the pics in the second post.

READ I will update the thread title with what I am currently seeking info on. If you see that it's something you can help with then PLEASE share the knowledge.

2. #2 Shaaaft, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
    Day 1

Lights off
    [​IMG]

Lights on
    [​IMG]

Bottom fans
    [​IMG]

Front of closet with everything on
    [​IMG]

One fan on top blowing down
    [​IMG]

Hoping to get the air moving down and out into the room.

How's it look?

Update: temp is currently at 82f humidity is at 44%.

3. Bro that's awesome! What strain is it?

4. The best strain their is!

I don't know, just came out of a bag of mids.

5. #5 Shaaaft, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012
    Day 2

[​IMG]

Looking more perky today. Temps held all day yesterday at 80-84.

I can't wait til they start really taking off!

Update: Rearranged my fans! Got a lil creative.

I have a dual window fan pushing air from the reflector up towards the ceiling. Box fan on high blowing over the plants and lastly the second window fan blowing towards the light and the other window fan for better airflow. Temps are holding at 77F after a few hours of running so I expect it to go up as the room heats up.

[​IMG]

I hung the reflector on the clothes bar that was originally in the closet, pretty smart and a good height for the plants as they grow. I hung the fan by the chains that were used on the reflector previously.

The leaves are constantly dancing and I occasionally soak the bottom of the red container to get the humidity up a bit.

I really want some input an discussion to get going in here so if you view please post!!!

[​IMG]

6. So like how is the smell? Lol don't get on me I'm a noob when it comes to growing.

7. #8 Shaaaft, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012

Don't sweat it, bud. There's no smell right now, they are still too young. I'm not sure how the smell will be further into veg but during flowering it will be a nice strong smell.

Temps are staying below 80 now :) They are getting bigger and bigger every time I check on them!

8. They grow really fast, just wait for a couple weeks you'll have a bush growing. :smoke:

9. [quote name='"FRANKMJ"']

They grow really fast, just wait for a couple weeks you'll have a bush growing. :smoke:[/quote]

I believe it. The new pair of leaves are starting to grow out and they look like the leaves doubled in size just from today. Tomorrows pics will show you what I mean.

10. Day 3

[​IMG]

That's the only pic for now. Gettin bigger still. I'll probably wait til tomorrow to water them, it's still a bit damp on top so they'll live til then.

11. What are you planning on using for pots?? grow bags/sips/buckets?????

12. ...I'll probably have to buy buckets. I gotta read around some, I've done all the research but don't remember exact deets. Gotta read on when to transplant, I plan on going from these to 1gal buckets then to 3 or 5 gal.

I currently have a 25 y/o asian girl sleeping in my grow room :ey:

• Like Like x 1
  13. If I were u I'd just transplant right into 5 gallon pots. The less transplants the better.

Looking good so far..... I'll be lurking :D

14. I'll consider that. I want to take clones off of one of these plants. I have two closets in the room so I think I can get a CFL clones station going and maybe start a small perpetual grow going for myself.

I'm praying for a female. If they are all female I'll have a good first grow!

15. Good luck, I hope they all turn out female for you.

16. Ok you have set the hook. Even through I know she's probably your GF. :eek:

You need to put that in your "tags", if you want groupies.

Your little sproutling are doing good. You have plenty of circulation and fresh air. Soon that whole closet will be full of weed.

Looking good there Shaaaft. I have a few the same age. GDP x GPX.

Peace, sit

17. ^this

18. Day 4

Got a good top shot and yes the one on the right is showing some slight yellowing at the base of the leaf but I'm not worried about it one bit.
    [​IMG]

The new leaves are really coming in. My light is now 17inches away from the tops and the temp/humidity is 79F/44%

Everything is going pretty smooth so far!

19. I think I am going to become an active member, anyway I just made an account, and I think I'll follow this thread.

Well good luck.