1st time topper - great pictures - done correctly?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by knucklemonkey, Mar 7, 2009.

1. #1 knucklemonkey, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
    This is the 1st time I have topped a plant and I THINK I have done it correctly but would like to know what the GC city folks think. 3 posts: 1st is the before, 2nd is the after and the 3rd is what I removed. Is this correct?

1st pics are the "before" pics:

Attached Files:

2. After I made the cut (notice where I cut it in the pictures):

Attached Files:

3. #3 knucklemonkey, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
    And this is what I cut off. So did I top the plant correctly?

edit: re-reading the topping/fimming thread I'm not totally sure I didn't fim it when I was trying to top it

Attached Files:

4. Thats how i top mine.
    With should grow in a Y shape now.

5. plus it will take a good day for new growth to start forming. day 2-3 full leaves. if you got a good lighting and all that

6. +rep for trying something new also a nice neat job. Great pictures!

7. Oh wow bro thanks! Very cool of you! I figured if I had done it wrong then the pics would show that and if I did it right then it's a pretty good example of what should be done. Thanks again man!

8. No probs, a good job should get a reward but its only + newbie rep so it wont change your life. Great job and pictures though, topping and even most of growing can be very simple.

Peace

9. You did it correctly,Now those 2 little leafs sets will get the energy the top you removed was getting,Meaning two tops :hello:

10. Nice photo's. Keep us updated on your little lady.

11. kinda reminds me when my son took his first steps...
    (whips a tear from his eye):eek:...good job man...

12. #12 knucklemonkey, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
    You can tell this statement is from a true stoner... if you look at the picture of what I cut off...the three little pieces I cut off...

...the center piece looks like a skull with fire coming up on the top and the two side pieces look like wings....that's like a badass biker tattoo!
    [​IMG]