Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

1st time smoking, doing it from a pipe. How to?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Javik, Jan 21, 2014.

1. #1 Javik, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    To be fair this isn't my first time. I've smoked with an old crew way back when I was 18. I recall they broke some hash into a roll of tabacco and well, even they weren't aware what it was and for all I knew it could have been something his supplyer found behind the fridge, compressed it and sold it to him because I never felt any effect.

Have been doing some reading on the subject lately and decided to get "back" into it and do it right. I don't have much but for a first-timer it should be more than enough. Dried buds, 10g Jack Herer and 2g super lemon haze. I don't have anything to roll up a joint and I don't think my bong has even shipped yet so the only tool I'm left with is a wooden pipe I've been using as an ornament. I'll be honest I have no clue what kind of pipe it is, it's a single straight piece from the bore to the other end where there's another opening and about 1.5cm before it there's a hole extending upwards into the bowl chamber. The bown is detachable and sealable. Artistic depiction of said pipe attached because my english isn't adapted for explaining things clearly.

I need advise on smoking weed affectively from a pipe and suggested dosages for first timers. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Grind it up and pack it a little bit but leave it kinda loose and light it up and smoke

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. You have 12 grams? You won't need more than a couple tenths of a gram smoked to get ripped as fuck if you are a beginner who has never gotten high before.

4. #4 guest___, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2016

5. Can't get some 99 cent JOB papers?

6. [quote name="bRiiNkz" post="19381342" timestamp="1390335009"]smells like bacon[/quote]What? Ok..Op grind weed, put weed in bowl, light weed while holding carb and inhaling, stop lighting, let go of carb and inhale deeplyIf you really need help youtube would be better but man cmon its not hard

7. How many ways are there to hit a bowl..maybe 2? Normal and reverse? Don't hit it in reverse and you'll be good

8. And don't hit "too" hard lol.

9. Make a Gravity Bong. You can pack small but effective bowls. Great for toking beginners.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. [quote name="frr" post="19381844" timestamp="1390341507"]Make a Gravity Bong. You can pack small but effective bowls. Great for toking beginners.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]NOOOOOOOOOOO.Not cool bro. One hit from the gravity bong will get you too high if you're a beginner. And trust me you don't want to be too high.

11. Grind up the weed, pack the bowl loosely like someone else said. Take 2 hits and wait fifteen minutes. If you don't feel high enough, take another hit or two and wait another ten minutes. The worst thing you can do is smoke 3 bowls in 10 minutes and have a freak out for your first time.

12. [quote name="Weathers95" post="19383268" timestamp="1390355755"]NOOOOOOOOOOO.Not cool bro. One hit from the gravity bong will get you too high if you're a beginner. And trust me you don't want to be too high.[/quote]I was too high earlier. Hahahaha Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. The pipe you have has no carb, so I wouldn't want to use it. Just because a carb pushes air and the smoke in the chamber into your lungs and the air cools down the smoke.
    I suggest buying a pack of papers and rolling up a joint. Papers are $1-$5 for a pack of like 50 papers
    If you really wanna use your pipe, then break up a little weed from a nug (you have 12 grams, which is a lot. You only need like .10 or .20 to get high, so just get a small nug and break it up) and pack it into the bowl, not to tight, not to loose. And just light it and inhale it deep into your lungs. And exhale. Make sure you inhale it deep. Once you have smoke in your mouth, open up your mouth and breath in some air and "swallow" all of that into your lungs.