Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

1st time smoking alone

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Braddock, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Well, this was my first time smoking alone and I'm wondering if it was normal:

The joint was burned too fast but i got a few good hits. They were rough and I coughed like a motherucker

Afterwards tho I didn't have even enough energy to walk home, much less 20 ft so I went and lied down under a tree to of which an hour passed which felt like 20mins..
    I had a headache at first and afterwards I was just so exhausted it was ridiculous
    I finally made it home and ate half a bag (those big ones) of cheetos and about 6 icecream cones and passed out about half an hour later

Is this shit normal? It definitely wasn't that pleasant of an experience...

2. I smoke by myself all the time, no problems ever, if one spliff gets u that fuckered up I would say stick to a pipe where u can take a couple hits here and there and not go dummy lazy

3. Remember that you should smoke to relax and chill rather than just toking up as much as you can to get as high as you can... plus, waking up after being high is never fun... unless you wake n bake aha.

4. Yeah it's normal... Just get some rillos and roll some blunts, they don't burn nearly as fast as joints- even if you fuck up.

5. Thats all normal. Just dont smoke that much or make sure your not going to need to go anywhere after smoking.

6. Well, last night I also toked up through my bong and after the very first hit, DAMN!

I felt like my face and chest were going to explode out of my face! I got more high with one hit from my bong than the whole joint!

7. Yeah this is all normal for people with low tolerances. Enjoy these crazy highs while you can :smoke:

8. i pretty much smoke by myself all the time apart from weekends when i have friends over and stuff...its pretty normal to get super-high by yourself and i love it hahaha :)

9. hell yea, you just aren't used to smoking to the face man :)

10. one reason why a joint usually burns faster than a blunt is that it is less dense. a reason it coulda burnt really fast is that it was rolled to loose.

11. I know it was too loose, I was just like ...fuck it, I'll smoke it anyway lol

The bong however, :O
    Made me feel crazy! That's some out of body experience right there

12. i smoke by myself all the time, im about to smoke and then make some pancakes :D

13. Dude, are you kidding me? Waking up after being high is the best sleep you'll ever have. I wake up so fresh in the morning it just makes me wanna smoke only before sleep hahah.
    On topic: yes, it's normal to have some side effects when being new to smoking. And your getting used to being high, so u might get paranoid. Just, if ur not feeling alright after the smoke, lay down, think racionally for a second and remember marijuana is virtually harmless and no one died or will die from it.

14. It just made me so tired and without energy it was ridiculous
    I see now why people use weed as sleep aids, its hard to sleep as good as how I did last night lol,
    And it was with just one hit too! I couldn't take another

15. OP, I would advise you to avoid walking outside for longer distances a no-no when you're baked... It makes your high terrible

16. Yeah, the whole walking back home didn't really help...
    Either way, ima be hitting my bong solely from now on. It definitely did a LOT more with a LOT less weed.

I just hope my next few highs aren't as bad as these.

The headaches I get like at the beginning are terrible

17. Hum, I've never felt this when I smoke.. I often vape/smoke then go mow the lawn for like 2-3 hours and never have any problems. To the OP, just smoke less for now, you will be eager to get back those crazy highs once your tolerance goes up.

For headaches, I got these recently too, I realized I was simply dehydrated, so drink some water and/or bring a water bottle with you.

18. #18 Braddock, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016

Hm, I'll give the water thing a try but I didn't really feel dehydrated.. o.o