1st time Scrogger question

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by DrummerMark, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Hey Blades,
    I'm sure someone will tell me to use the search function ,but I'm on my cell and the app doesn't have a search function :p

I've read the stickies and other posts about scrogging but they don't really talk about what to do once
    you switch to 12/12. My screen is filling and I know that I will continue to keep tucking branches but at what point do I quit tucking and let the buds grow vertically?

ForumRunner_20120328_154213.png

2. Ahh..that is the tough part my friend. When it's the first time growing a specific strain you really don't know how much it stretches and for how long. Typical stretch period is 2-3 weeks, with sativas stretching more than indicas.

The best you can do is just gauge how they are growing and make an educated guess on when to stop. I typically stop around 2 weeks of tucking, but I have limited head space so if they grow too tall I'm fucked.

3. Thank you! I'm switching light over tomorrow

4. keep tucking till the screen is full then let them go up...they will get anywhere from 6-12 inches but more tops is better than tall..medium size buds but tons of them..looks like you got about 30 which is pretty good...also trim everything below the screen and keep your light as close as you can...whomper buds :smoke:

5. Thanks guys! Just switched my lights over