1st time rumplebuckets OG kush help please

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by mastercheefr619, Oct 12, 2011.

1. I started my first hydro grow and have som questions, hoping my fellow GC'ers would be willing to help. I have two babies vegging at the moment. they are about a week old and roots are already touching the water. They have been in the buckets for about a week. I plan on using two formulas for this grow. I will stick with the basic lucas formula, using 8 ml of micro, 16 ml bloom, 5 ml of cal mag and 8 ml of hygrozyme for one plant and for the second one I will try AN's 2 part sensi grow and 2 part sensi bloom. Label says to use 4ml per L of part A and 4 ml per liter of part B. I am adding 5 ml of cal mag and 8 ml of hygrozyme as well to this res. I was thinking of using dry ice and adding some to inside of the buckets to increase co2 levels. Is this a good idea. Any information is gladly accepted. :confused:

2. 17 views and no replys.

any information is gladly accepted

3. Should ask on your journal, so its there in one spot for everyone to take from. I have no idea, I feel like it would cool the water too much and cause ill effects. Never heard if this before.

4. As I understand it, the CO2 is absorbed by the leaves on the plant, not the roots.

As Wake suggests, adding dry ice to your water reservoir will most likely ruin your plants.

Now, as for chucking some dry ice in a tray that can evaporate and be absorbed by the foliage.. well thats another thing entirely.

Also another thought I have is that Co2 is not so beneficial during vegetative growth?

Please take my opinions with a grain of salt as I am a beginner too!

best of luck! :bongin:

5. Thanks for the input saved me from destroying two plants and now ill be able to pass on that info