1st time promix user hp or bx

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Arcticgrower11, Nov 17, 2011.

1. I've previously used FFOF and I'm not impressed when adding nutes so I'm moving on to promix so I'm wondering of I should go with BX and HP

I've done my research so no one needs to post that one stands for High Porosity..

I want to know if anyone knows how long the medium stays wet? I'm shooting for watering every third to fourth day. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

2. I use pro mix every time i grow and i think its excellent its really dry and fluffy when you get it but once it gets wet it holds water decent

3. [quote name='"jPinkham"']I use pro mix every time i grow and i think its excellent its really dry and fluffy when you get it but once it gets wet it holds water decent[/quote]

I'm hearing good stuff about it. Are you using BX or HP?

4. The HP I'm almost positive i don't think their much different at all but i could be wrong

5. Thanks! pretty much the answer I was looking for. I don't like for the soil to hold water longer than 5 days and I wasn't sure if the hp was too light and didn't hold it for long enough.

6. No problem and one you get it fully wet it stays wet its just really dry when you first get it

7. How many times a week would you say you water

8. Depends on plant/pot size but 3-4 times a week

9. Perfect! Sounds like exactly what I was looking for.

Since we are going back n forth... I'm trying to get some ideas for a nutrient line up and I've got one in mind but am always looking for new ideas... What's your setup looking like? Lights, pot size, plants, nutes, enzymes, etc

10. I got a400w hps with pro mix fox farm nutes 5 gallon pots

11. You never had a problem with the foxfarm nutes? I used that stuff on my first grow and had terrible results. I used it with the foxfarm ocean Forrest and had so many deficients and different nute lockouts... It was uuugly.
    Im doing 600 mh-veg hps-flower with 5 gallon buckets
    Sensi a/b from advanced for the base
    Voodoo juice
    Hygrozyme
    B52
    Hammerhead
    And cal/mag

I'm growing LSD right now, I've never had it but I'm looking forward to it. I also have one red dragon and one green poison auto

12. Nice i got thunder bloody Mary and super silver haze and i have no problems at all with fox farm

13. Nice, i did super silver on my 1st grow but I messed up so much that I couldn't judge the strain... Good luck and thanks for the input

14. No prob and i just love the ssh high so i wanna have a bunch