1st time - pics...is it time for nutrients?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TWTHEREDDRAGON, Sep 17, 2011.

1. This is one plant I am showing, but I have 3 in total that are all very close in size.

We started out in soil for seedlings and they shot right up but then seemed to stop growing for several days. I transplanted into some soil with small release of fertilizer and I mixed in humus and BAM - they started flying again.

They are super green and look healthy - the stems seemed to get much better and stronger after applying a fan.

What I need to know is do I need to start liquid fertilizers?

Also we tried capturing water and leaving it out for 24 hrs as suggested but on our PH meters it is showing low PH...then we tried capturing rain water - these slips are still showing low PH from rain water...the testing strips we got were for pools so maybe thats not what I should be using?

They look to be doing fine

Attached Files:

2. Oh they are on 18/6 right now - how much longer before going to 12/12?

3. #3 Thatguythatgrows, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2011
    your testing strips are fine. no nutes yet. it is completely normal for the seedlings to stop growing. this is the time when all energy is going to root production. once the leafy and upward growth continues, this is the end of seedling stage and the beginning of veg stage... i don't nute until i switch to 12/12 cycle even though flowering doesn't start for a week or 2 after that. you have done a great job. if you plan to top or train, start thinking about that now. preplan the grow and start getting things in line... everything will start happening fast. when you induce flowering is up to you depending on how much room you have available. plants tend to triple in size when flowering. everything you need to know about growing is on this forum. get used to that search button and spend a few hours reading and looking at the grows that have been shared in the journal forum. good luck.. look forward to watching her grow up.