1st time hydro, rockwool scare

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by hooked0208, Sep 2, 2015.

1. so I germinated my seeds soaked my rockwool to balance it's pH and popped my saplings inside. Everything was going great, they were growing nice and steadily. (Mind you this is my first time using rockwool) yesterday I decided I should transfer my plants into my hydro system. However I didn't get the opportunity to transplant them and when I woke up this morning my cherubs were all sorts of wilted. The leaves were still green the roots were still white, however my main stem was rather dark. Anything I can do to help these little guys out?

2. Is the rockwool in hydroton? If so, did you soak it too? And lastly, did you add any nutes? What I do is soak the rockwool and hydroton for 24 hrs, I let the rockwool drain on its own, you don't want to squeeze them, as soon as I see the seed start to break, I place it in the cube (and lightly cover it) and into the hydroton as pictured, I place the pot / lid in a bowl of pH water until it sprouts, then it goes into the buckets, I keep the fill level in the buckets about an inch above the bottom of the net pot until the roots break trough, then I lower the level 1/2 from the net pot, a necessary air buffer. No nutrients until the plant is established, usually 7-14 days, and then only a 1/4 dose. I treat my water with silica blast, 2ml per gal. followed with hydroguard, both from botanicare. Attached are some examples.

Attached Files:

3. Ty Florista I was going to post about 8 questions and your reply answered them all. Youre a gentleman and a scholar

4. What do you ph your water to?

5. seedlings? i ph to 5.5, no more than 5.8