1st Time Hydro Questions

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by SmokinBs, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Hello fellow tokers!

Well i've been growing for about a year now and i consider myself still learning, but i am pretty confident grower. I have just started with an Ebb and Flow Hydroponic System and i had a couple questions due to the fact that i have no experience.

1) I have a white salt like substance building up on the hydroton. I know this is the nutrients but what i am concerned about is excesiveness of the buildup. Should i run pure water through in attempts to rinse? Or should i just leave it and just check the resevoirs PH on a regular basis? I dont have a PPM reader but i do change the resevoir 1 a week. I generally run about 45 Gallons with a PH at 5.6-5.9.

2) Now the next question i guess is more directed to Advanced Nutrient users. do i NEED the supplementary nutrients or can i grow just fine with the base, micro, grow? The only reason i am getting all cheap is unfortunatly i am run dry on cash. Im just curious because the ladies are looking so awesome i can straight up say i have never seen plants grow like this and i have grown the same strain 4 times now.

Well thanks for reading i hope to learn from any feedback!

:smoke: