1st time - Hot Clones

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kroosevelt, Jan 11, 2012.

1. What up GC,

I have 6 clones, of which (2) have already wilted and died. They were all cut 2 days ago, and now going on day 3.

I have used a root stimulator, and gel to prevent the air from entering the stem. I've placed them in rockwall cubes under (1) t5 fluorescent in a humidity dome. The light is approximately 3" away. I put it through the dome and wrapped both ends so there weren't any other holes letting air out/in.

I can see it is pretty humid in the dome since there's condensation all over the dome. I believe that the light may be a bit close since the plants aren't perking up, and no signs of roots are visible. I know it's only been almost 3 days, but I don't want to waste these clones by screwing them up.

For the record, I clipped the leaves, cut my 45 degree angel in water, then misted 1x a day for both days.

Should I remove the light and place it over the dome? Or am I paranoid. The clones are looking droopy, and not the same as when I put them In the dome.

Sorry guys, no pics until I get home. Please let me know what I need to do to get these clones right! If it's not right already. Q

2. yeah you clones are gonna get droopy first. I have never seen clones root faster than a week. From what you described you are fine just keep the temps at around 80F dome on and the light. Give them two full weeks and they will be rooting and perking up nicely.

3. Did you presoak your to rockwool cubes?

4. I've never put a light inside the dome. I would think it would cause to much heat. You want a little heat not much. After the second day after clipping you have two down the drain already? Something is wrong. If the plants are kept moist and not overheated you shouldn't see signs of yellow until about a week, and you have death after day 2. I would put the light outside of the dome!!

5. don't think the light is inside the dome, how would that even fit?

6. he states that he puts the t5 bulb through the dome and seals it and then asks if it should be outside the dome.....Until he responds or posts some pics we may never know lol

7. you right, I would get that light out of the dome too.

8. [quote name='"Mixted"']

you right, I would get that light out of the dome too.[/quote]

Sorry fellas. Long day! Lol. I'll post pics in an hour or so, but yes you were correct. The light was cut in the dome.

9. Ok, here are my clones. From right to left, tangerine dream, pineapple express, and then black diesel.

This is after I removed the light from inside the dome.

Attached Files:

10. By sealing off the dome you are effectively putting your plants through a form of hypoxia.

Those girls still need fresh oxygen my friend! In effect, you are stopping the cellular reproduction process by completely sealing that bad boy off. Like everyone else said, remove the light from the dome, as it doesn't need to be place so closely.

If its heat to speed up the level of humidity you are after, then go and purchase a heating mat, but let your precious clones breath. Whats is important is rooting, not upper growth.

11. Thanks man, but this dome has 2 vents at the top that stay open all of the time. The seal was built for the whole that was made after sticking the light through.

12. hummn, I want to help you solve this man.

Let me think.... heres another guess, in picture #3, it appears you have some flowering going on? Did you possibly cut these after the change in photoperiod? I have done this on a plant before hoping to revert it back to save some last minutes cuttings, and they wilted and died as well! Mistakes can and will happen.

Is it remotely possible that you took cuttings after change in light period? I have tried myself to revert lower branches to cuttings after a week of flowering and killed all of em in the clone tray.

13. Re read your post again looking for clues and had another thought; are you misting with pH balanced water "as needed"? My clones need misting 2-3 times a day, are you doing the same?

14. I would say it is/was a heat issue. I keep my t5 a foot off babies till I'm ready to veg. I prefer to not use a dome, in my experience I have not had luck With them. Nor do I mist my clones. I never have droopy clones not even in the first few days. I see roots usually with in a week.

15. [quote name='"The Tokken J"']hummn, I want to help you solve this man.

Let me think.... heres another guess, in picture #3, it appears you have some flowering going on? Did you possibly cut these after the change in photoperiod? I have done this on a plant before hoping to revert it back to save some last minutes cuttings, and they wilted and died as well! Mistakes can and will happen.

Is it remotely possible that you took cuttings after change in light period? I have tried myself to revert lower branches to cuttings after a week of flowering and killed all of em in the clone tray.[/quote]

Thanks for all the help guys. To answer both questions, yes I did take the cuttings 2 weeks after 12/12. This is a scrog grow, and I read one of the threads on this site about how to scrog, and one of the rules about cutting clones was to cut them 2 weeks after flower began. I read around and I heard that it is just as possible for clones to take root if the plant is in the 12/12 flowering process.

Also, I have misted with ph balanced water for the 1st 3 days. But I read if you overdue that, you will be "folliar"? Feeding the plants an they will not root.

They said it takes longer to root since they're flowering.

But you all that have done so know best. Feedback Is greatly appreciated

16. Just keep them as is after the taking that bulb out of there. Good luck hope they make it.

17. Fellas,

Just to keep you posted.

After removing the lamp from inside the dime, 2 of them quickly rooted, nice and strong too!!!!
    Needless to say, im Ecstatic.

Other 2 still may do something and the other 2 are dead as hell.

But thanks to all that helped, far advice and all that good shiznit.

Throwing these two good clones in the veg box 1st thing Friday morning.

18. Looks really good :-0