1st time grower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CrazyPandaMan, Feb 22, 2006.

1. i am about to start growing some bud in a month or so and i was wondering about how to set up an indoor area to grow some--do i need more than one light in different spots around the plant to act almost as a sun moving around it or just one light and should it be in open air or inclosed in a case or small area

also how fast will it normally grow and how long until i can harvest it

2. first off, houston, badass city, i live in austin myself. Now to answer your question(s) u can have muliple lights but one is ideal for your first time, i still use just one 120 watt compact flourescent bulb per plant n ive had no problems so far. home depot is a good place to find these types of bulbs(not that theyr rare). Some type of boxed in cabinet space 3 feet in diameter, painted white on the inside or lined with foil which works just fine will make sure ur plant gets light all over. Ventilation is crucial so make sure to have some sort of openings, holes, or a fan in the top of the box where a hole is cut, and small holes drilled about 1 inch wide around sides of the growbox will insure intake and outake what i have found is that imagination and time can do wonders. With my 120 W bulb my plant gets about 4 to 5 inches of growth per week on a 12/12hr light cycle. But for the first week and a half do 24 hour light and gradually take an hour of light away every 2 days until youve reached 12/12. if this procedure is used all the way to harvest it can take up to 24 weeks until full harvest. But by lengthening the dark period and shortening the light period by an hour or 2 it will cause the plant to bud faster. srry if this was hard to understand as i am very tired but check up on this thread tommorow afternoon sometime and i will have some better directions that arent as long if someone else doesnt post some good guidelines b4 me.
    one more thing that got me started off growing well other than the city is totse.com, subject- marijuana