1st time grower wondering if i'm on the right path.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Stonypolony, May 11, 2017.

?

Will my setup work?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hey guys the cultivation of marijuana for personal use has recently been legalized in my country and me and a buddy decided to try our hand at growing.
    What we have:
    *Case built out of wood insulated with foil ( hoping to buy proper insulation soon)
    *Bunch of cfl lights ( Upgrading to a 400w HPS light in 2 days)
    *Homemade DWC hydrophonic system with rose food, small water heater and water pump.

View attachment 2293733 image8.JPG image3.JPG image2.JPG image2 (1).JPG image1.JPG image1 (1).JPG image7.JPG image3.JPG image6.JPG image1 (2).JPG image2 (2).JPG
    Sorry for the long post any advice would be appreciated. I already put the plant in water with nutrients. Planning on putting it in the system tomorrow.

2. Black out your green container. The light will promote algae growth in the water. Dont worry about insulation a 400w hps will get pretty hot and you may need to reduce the heat. Unless you only have it for reflection. In that case flat white paint works well.the cfls will Be sufficient for veg and save power last thing that rose food will work but you could definatly do some research and find a better npk ratio for specific growth stages makes a massive dif. Good luck man! Hope this helps

3. the one with the white rocks isn't cannabis icydk

• Like Like x 1
  4. the one with the white rocks isn't cannabis icydk

5. i don't know why my phone keeps triple posting, roses are different though I don't know how they compare with cannabis, but my guess is you'll have a rough road ahead with limited equipment, can you grow outdoors?

6. We are both students and have very limited growing space we grew a plant outside before this one that did fine. It's also gonna be winter soon and we have long cold winters so indoors is our only option.

7. Thanx for the help.

8. to handle a 400w hps you'll need more equipment and a bigger grow area like a grow tent, you'll need exhaust and intake fans for sure, at least one of em should be a centrifugal fan to pull the heat off your light.

9. Go online to general hydroponics or house and garden. Order soil nutrients what you got i doubt will help grow cannabis

10. #11 Stonypolony, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    new tub setup. Actual cannabis plant this time.Was a bit over eager with the lights been doing research on a 80-150 watt led ?
    As far as the nutrient research that i have done the n: p :k ratio looks about fine for the vegetative period. Like i said resources are few and far between over here.

11. use flat white paint on the inside to reflect light, if you use that fertilizer use it on soil instead of hydro, or whatever medium is available. Budget micro grows are hard to pull off. good luck on your grow!