1st time grower need help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mrgreenthumbman, Mar 6, 2013.

1. #1 mrgreenthumbman, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2013
    Ok been growing for a couple months now and don't think I'm doing good. I'm growing mids or just one plant since i heard it is easier. I'm not using any nutes low light and bad soil. Two 15w bulbs said to equal to 60w each. I'm using mg soil yeah I know but it's just mids so how bad can it be. It's a simple closet grow with a fan for air and I open my door from time to time. I'm in flower now and it's about 2 months from seed I water every so often, soil is always most. Lights are 12/12, here's the thing no smell either unless u put ur nose on it and sniff real hard, help I need help and tips I don't think it's growing right and do you think o will at least get a half, I don't kno hot to put pics on here but will do once I find out, like I said its my first grow and is mids
    HTML:

Attached Files:

2. Another photo

Attached Files:

3. Diff photo

Attached Files:

4. Diff photo view

Attached Files:

5. Last photo mids about two feet 1st grow noob need help

Attached Files:

6. Hey, man. What do you mean by mids? If you mean the seed came from some mid-grade weed, that means absolutely nothing. Cannabis with seeds in it starts out just the same as any sensimilla does, but sometime throughout the grow was pollinated by a male plant.

7. Seeds came from mids but yeah that doesn't mean the seeds will grow mid I know, my plant is female so I don't think she will have seeds unless hermie.

8. Right on, bro. Just making sure you didn't think you were going to get crap weed just because it came from such.

Haha damn where do I start.... Honestly, man. That plant looks good for a first grow. I can't guess at how much you might yield, though.

-Tin foil. No reflective properties. Good news is that your white walls behind the tin foil will work excellent at reflecting back light. Just take it down.

-Always moist. It's very important to let your soil dry out completely in-between waterings. Depending on the size of your containers and the drainage in the soil, you should be watering at the most every other day. It all really depends on the plant and it's environmental conditions though. Fill up an identical container with your identical soil mix. Water your girl when it weighs roughly that much.

-Lighting. Take those reflector things off the CFL's. The only light making it's way out is the top of the bulb. The majority of the light from CFL's come from the sides. It's best to position them horizontally above your plant or vertically next to it. Both is best. When judging how much light you need, you had it correct the first time. Those bulbs are 15 actual watts. It's recommended that each plant has 100 actual watts, and 50 more for each plant thereafter. They also need to be within a few inches of the plant. Since you're in flowering try to get a 4:1 ratio of 2700k:6500k.

9. Thank for the advice I water every couple days to week bc the mg is always moist for some reason I was thinking of getting more lights to, u really think the tin foil isn't helping I had a 60 n 40w bulb but switched when the box said those 15 were equal to 60 maybe I should put back the other ones and u really think I'm doing gudd after all the ups and downs with that girl I started to believe she wouldn't make it

10. Hey man how's your lady doing?