1st time grower in need of some advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cannabuser, Aug 22, 2006.

1. so I'm in the process of building my box.. light source. a 150 hps. I've got ventilation and all that set up. with it correctly. my main question is what size box should I build? it started out initially as a 48" high x 16" deep x 32 inches wide... going to put a couple 36" cfls in there also. wanting to grow 2 plants in hydro set up. what I'm wanting to do is harvest about 2 to 3 ounces with this set up.. is this a good size box for my lighting situation??? could I possibly go smaller? would it be more sufficient (considering lighting) to go with a smaller box in my situation?? I want quality. quality is more important then yield to me. but I am wanting to pull around 2 ounces out each time.... what u guys think? if any of u have done setups of this size and would like to help me out here it would be great! also can I mounth the hps on top and the cfls on the side walls and just move the plants to the light?? keep in mind this is my first effort(i have no comp right now.. using phone so I apologize if I missed a thread for this..

2. anybody?? I've got the wood cut up and am waiting on some assurance b4 I start putting some walls together :)

3. i've got a 250w MH/HPS and it lights a 3' X 3' area. so maybe with your cfl's about the same size? if it's too big addings cfl's is easy. if it's too small it'll be a pain in the ass to add to the size of the growroom, you get me?

4. should I mount the cfls to the top with the hps or on the sides of the cab, on top they would get more direct light but on the sides it will help to get light under the plant(s) when it bushes out but it won't get lihht evenly that way..(2 cfls on each opposite corners.) what would be better?

5. either put the cfls on the side, or paint the inside of the box white, or buy some 2$ shiney mylar balloons, let the helium out cut them open and turn them inside out and line the walls of the box with them (put the picture side towards the walls, and the inside towards the plants)