1st Time Grower/Hindu Skunk Indoors/Pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 730dipdip187, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Hi
    I'm a first timer grower
    I have 4 Hindu Skunk Clones.
    I put them in soil on the 2nd.
    They seem to be doing well.
    The only thing is at least one leaf from each plant is almost yellow or getting there.
    And on another it kinda looks like something was eating away a bit of the leaf.
    The yellow ones I mentioned seem to be only the biggest and oldest leaves on each plant. And also on one of the yellow leaves it seems to start turning brown at the edges and some of the blades are curling up.
    I'm very new to this and help would be very appreciated. Im growing in my closest.
    Im using:
    400 watt mh light (i keep the light on 24hrs)
    Scotts potting soil (was going to get foxfarm but when i went to buy the soil all the hydro shops were closed)
    Perlite (i used about a 40p-60s mix with the perlite and soil)
    I'm using organic iguana juice grow for veg. After the first week of no nutes, today was the first day i fed them nutes.
    I dont know the temp or hum but i will know soon. I'm buying that stuff sometime this week.
    I feed them water every other day. Crystal Geyser Bottled Water.
    But like i said besides that they seem to be doing well.
    If u need anymore info let me know.

Attached Files:

2. Usually the blades curling up at the edges is a heat problem. Are your temps above around 85 degrees? i keep mine at 78 degrees F

The yellowing is a nutrient problem, likely Nitrogen.

Most likely the reason they cannot get the nutrients they need is because the PH is off.

What is the PH of your soil? you want it around 6.7.. do you check your runoff?

3. its not really hot or even warm in the closet
    theres also a window i keep open in there or the door
    but i dont have the temp but i am getting a gauge this week
    i dont have a ph tester or adjuster yet so i dont know
    i dont know what you mean by run off?
    and the ph testers...are there two different types for testing and adjusting soil and water or no?

4. yeah, there are 2 different types of PH testers. I use a water PH meter. i test the "runoff"... or the water that drains out of the pot...to make sure it has the ph I want.

Sometimes elements of the soil/mix will raise or drop your ph... like my fertilizer drops my ph by about .7.. so i water with a ph of 7.3 - 7.4 to get the 6.7 i need in soil.

So, water with a ph of 7.0 ... then check the water that drains out of the pot... see if it goes up or down.. the adjust your waterings accordingly..

You want a ph of around 6.7 in soil.

THIS GUIDE SHOULD HELP YOU DIAGNOSE SOME OF YOUR ISSUES M8

Marijuana Plant Abuse

5. Also man, i see you started the seeds in rockwool.

Rockwool has lime in it, so it's necessary to soak your rockwool cubes in PH balances water overnight.

But your plants look pretty healthy m8. They will take root soon and start a growth spurt

6. ok cool
    i will try that
    appreciate it

7. np m8. Once those lower leaves are mostly yellow just go ahead and clip them. Will give the rest of the plant more resources for new growth.

8. just clip the leaf off or the whole thing including the stem?
    and do this when there pretty much all yellow?

9. #9 grow2school, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2009
    Yep, take off the whole stem. There may be a new growth coming out where the stem joins the stalk...don't cut that. But take off the whole stem up to the stalk with some clean/sterile clippers or w/e

I don't know if you checked out the guide I linked but here is a link to the homepage of the site. Most of the guides are pretty good, some are elementary with little insight.

http://www.greenmanspage.com/guides/

10. yeah i did look
    pretty helpful guide
    thanks for the links
    i actually just cut off a leaf that was pretty much all yellow