1st time grower advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kingajbush, Nov 3, 2010.

1. I decided to grow weed to save money and smoke as much as i want at the same time> i started germination about 3 days ago and im ready to order a light and get some soil. I was wondering is this a good light to buy for weed --->3 BULB+3 FIXTURE PLANT GROW LIGHT SET 6500K+2700K+GIFTS - eBay (item 320600150342 end time Nov-05-10 10:32:35 PDT) . let me know if its a good light. im not tryna spend to much. and also whats the best soil to use and give some good tips. i got a big walk in closet that im cleaning up right now :smoke: :confused_2:

2. Go to a home improvement center and grab a pack of Soft White 2700K CFLs, they cost like $6 for a pack of four 26W bulbs

find a socket with cord, 3 Y socket adapters and you will be able to get more for less. the EBAY ad is for 2 daylight and 1 soft white...for buds you generally want soft white lighting...not that daylihgt bulbs are useless but I digress...the Ebay is not a good deal for you

Check out the Absolute Beginners section of the forum. There are 'stickies' at the top which have a ton of information that you'll need to read

the best thing you can do is read read read and decide what is best for you

3. what you can find is a long power bar, then buy some of the outlet/light socket adapters, plug them into your power bar, put the lights into that, if you not that handy that is.