1st time grow starts 24th/25th jun

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by UnHappyManager, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Hello guys and girls I'm gonna be starting my 1st time grow next week just thought I'd show you what I got and see what ppl think is missing,

Grow tent budda room xl double heatstop mylar silver size 1.2mx1.2mx2m

Complete 600watt hps light set up with ce stamps

1 x 4''tt100 fan
    1 x Carbon filter
    1 x Timer
    1 x Digital thermometer
    1 x Rockwool
    1 x Clip on fan 240volt
    1 x Turbo mixed flow inline extractor fan

What size pots would you guys say my seeds are 5 fast buds auto's

What time would you guys say put them on ie lights on lights off?

Over all I'm just asking to see what ppl would think is best I'm looking to get best results possible,

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. 600w HPS and a handful of seed, ...a firearm for an avatar, don't look good kid....go read some more

3. Wow that's some good help there mate.... also I'm no kid.... and there is only a handful of seeds as I I'm new did you not read the post?

I just wanna get one grow under my belt before I step up.....
    also you can have any picture you like as my phone is new I only have a handful of pics,

What would of been more helpful is you telling me to get more seeds telling me my max pot sizes I should use but thanks for your input

4. #4 Vee, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
    I meant that you should consider getting a small CFL array to germ your seeds, THEN after 2-3 weeks use the 600w HPS, use northern light(low smell) or white widow regular 
    via 
    9 plants under 1x 600w hps for 3 months to 3ft high in 3 gallon pots

5. #5 UnHappyManager, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
    Oh yes wow stupid me veg light how the hell did I miss that, so you think 9 in that tent would have room I've looked alot around and ppl were saying do 4 to get more just veg a bit longer.

Thanks for your input I need it... newb here haha :)

6. Go 4 but if one is male or even 2 will piss you off, try 9.. then go 50-50 male female, even with some femmed seeds still screw up

7. Ahh ok I see what you mean, also thanks for the NL info the smell is my big problem I need to sort out hopefully the the filter will help

8. U really do need to read and research more.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I have been reading for months ppl say this ppl say that moat of the time you end up reading something tuen tue mext day you'll read some other page where they say don't do what you read the day before....

10. I am not asking for step by step guides ppl just your in put

11. from what i have read auto's require an 18/6 light schedule. and as previously stated three gallon pots are probably your best bet. i see you have rockwool to start your seeds, are you going hydro or soil? if you are using soil have you picked any out?

12. the rockwool just came with the tent as for soil nope I need to pick some I saw online that B&Q had the best results
    I'm from the uk btw.
    any input on what soil I should use for best results thanks

13. Hi mate, I'm in the uk and grow autos out of biobizz all mix from start to finish in 9.5L pots and that works great

14. Ok thanks do you buy it from online or shops?

15. what part north or south cause theres a soil called plant magic theu also do nutes and there great for hard water areas. all id sau about the soil is it could do with an extra bit of perlight other.than that the plants thay come out.of it look great :)

16. I get it off ebay, make sure you get some perlite too, it has some in but not nearly enough!

17. i did fast bud for first grow there great lil plants and there good even if you fuck up haha all i will say is grab some good soil i stunted mine hard with tomato soil lol she got about ft tall but some how yeilded a oz the whole plant was bud lol then did some plants in different soil (plant magic) everything else was the same exept soil and the plants were so different

18. Oh yes I already have perlite I went to tye store the other day was just so many types of soil I was not sure what to pick

19. Has any of you seen them small cardboard pots that over time dissappear when water?

That would stop stress to your plant I just know a mate that did not get on to well wity them

20. pick soil with least amount of nutes if ya uk and you got no hydro shop that has decent soil used wilko seedling and cutting soil seemed to do reallynwell for me
    and dont use them cardboard things repotting is easy :)