1st Time Grow - Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Mindwrack, Feb 25, 2012.

1. #1 Mindwrack, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2012
    Hey all, got some God Bud seeds a few weeks back from bcseedking. Germinated two and they both popped. Below are pics from today 12 days after they first pushed out of the dirt.

Planted in Foxfarms Potting Soil, lights are set 18/6 and using 100W CFL 6500K. Watering about every 3-5 days depending on feel of soil. Straight water from beginning. PH averages about 6.5. I do have temp issues (to cool, in my basement) as you will see in one of the photos but I think I can fix that with more lights, which I think I need anyways.

Not interested in going wild with a grow setup. This is just for my personal consumption, however I obviously don't want to waste my time. Also thinking I wouldn't mind if one came up male. Maybe produce some of my own seeds?

I will be following the Foxfarms nutrient guide here: http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/FoxFarm-Soil-Schedule.pdf

I would like any feedback your willing to give. Like the title says this is my 1st time grow ever so I am quite the noob here. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Those leaves are mad thick dude. It looks good though :)

3. Thanks man :)

4. Photos of day 19 from pushing out of the dirt. How do they look?

The bottom leaves of one of the plants are just a touch yellow, but seem to be coming back to green. Would keeping the soil to damp cause this? There has been a few times where the soil was not completely dry before watering.

Also a few of the bigger leaves on both plants are a little curled, nothing major but still curled. What would cause that?

Another question I have is do I need to transplant into larger pots or will these be ok for the duration of the grow?

And the last question I have for now is, at what point do you top the plant?

Thanks all :)

Attached Files:

5. Nice theyre healthy

6. Subbd
    Theyre getting up there

Are you using any type of ventalltion?

Also you dont have to top the plant its up to you if you do it or not

I think a lot of people top there plants because of space issues

Just note that you plant will double to triple in size from veg to flower

7. Cool thanks for the info.

This is in my basement and is pretty open. I have a fan on them at all times. Should be good enough for ventilation right?

I just put them in with my other plants for now and light cycle them all 12/12. My next grow I want to create a dedicated grow box (been looking at MicroGrow's box sweet ass setup) but funds are tight in the winter around here so just been throwing it together. Still got 16 seeds to learn with :hello::D

Attached Files:

8. Been reading MicroGrow's Bonsai Mother Technique also, think I may start another seed to play with and grow it in this box I use as a light stand in the living room behind a chair. In fact... I have two of those, maybe I will use one for Veg and one for Flower... Think they will be big enough?

Outside dimensions:

23" tall
    23" wide
    16.5" deep

Inside dimensions:

19" tall
    19" wide
    14.5" deep

Attached Files:

9. I would imagine.
    The main reason ventilatiton is a priority of mine is the smell issue
    I dont want my house to reek of flowering bud lol

The reason I asked was just going to see how you ran yours for ideas im venting mine now because my ladies are beginning to stink a little

10. Gotcha, I have no clue what it's gonna be like down there in a few weeks. Something I will have to consider also I'm sure. Do you have a journal going?

11. I started one several hours ago but am hesitant to continue without being able to adequately show my plants via picture lol but to answer your question yes I do

12. [quote name='"Mindwrack"']Been reading MicroGrow's Bonsai Mother Technique also, think I may start another seed to play with and grow it in this box I use as a light stand in the living room behind a chair. In fact... I have two of those, maybe I will use one for Veg and one for Flower... Think they will be big enough?

Outside dimensions:

23" tall
    23" wide
    16.5" deep

Inside dimensions:

19" tall
    19" wide
    14.5" deep[/quote]

Yeah that should be good as long as you don't have some big ass monstrous strain that gets like average of 10 feet lol. But hey continue this journal I'm pretty interested in it. I started my first plant the same time as you :p

13. @aaron1o1 Cool man, keep me posted on your progress.

@davidn420 Yeah I'll keep this one going for sure. I think I am just going to focus on the shorter stuff for now, easy to keep hidden. What did you plant? Got a journal I can follow?

14. [quote name='"Mindwrack"']@aaron1o1 Cool man, keep me posted on your progress.

@davidn420 Yeah I'll keep this one going for sure. I think I am just going to focus on the shorter stuff for now, easy to keep hidden. What did you plant? Got a journal I can follow?[/quote]

I planted northern soul and white widow. Both from seedsman seeds. Well that's the breeder....they are from attitude. But yeah I planted 3 of each I'm starting them inside for about 1.5 months and around mid-late April the girls are going outside. But unfortunately I don't have a camera and my iPhones camera broke when I dropped it :( I might be getting it fixed soon though if I do I'll let you know and post some pics in a journal. Good luck with your plants man they look good :)

15. 11 days into 12/12. They have grown quite a bit. Haven't been able to do any Nutes cause I'm flat ass broke right now. Guess I'll call it an "organic grow" lol.

Attached Files:

16. Think one is a male, will post some pics later. Other one I can't tell yet.

17. Here is the one I think is male. It's the larger of the two plants. The other one is still a little to small to tell. I think I may be seeing some small white hairs but then again I may just he hopping. I'm not opposed to one being male of the other is female so I can get more seeds. But if they are both male I'll be a little irritated lol.

I'll post the pics of the other one in a few days when it starts to show.

Attached Files:

18. ?

what's up now?

19. Yeah lol this thread was from back in march 2012. I ended up with one female and harvested what some would consider a small amount. But hey was my first time and was fun. Work and life took over the rest of the year.

Right now I am a few weeks into another single female plant flowering. Started to LST it kinda late in the game but figured what the hell. I'll pop a few pics up tomorrow once the lights kick back on. :)