1st time grow closet Ideas and advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ejc06, Apr 11, 2009.

1. I am a first time grower and im going to convert my walk in closet into a grow room
    For lighting i plan on buying a 150 watt CFL (11,000 lumens)
    CFL Fluorescent Grow Light: Express Light Bulbs
    and 2 blue led spot lights
    High Tech Garden Supply
    I plan on growing aurora indica because from what i understand it is a fast relatively easy plant to grow
    Nirvana Cannabis-zaden Aurora Indica (100 % vrouwelijk)
    For soil I am buying jungle growth (water wise) and mg bonemeal and bloodmeal
    Im going to try to grow 5 plants and my main concern is the smell of the plants I was looking at ona gel but I dont understand how i would use it would i just take the container and leave it open in the closet? There is also a lot of things im not thinking of so if anyone has any advice comments or other ideas they would be greatly appreciated

2. The equipment is fine, but fuck those LED lights man... LED is a waste in my opinion. It's
    just not "there" yet. A single 150W bulb is about enough to grow two plants, not really
    ideally though. You want to grow five plants, you'll want at least a 400W setup. Try getting
    two or three of those CFL deals though, that'd work out nicely.

Blood and Bone meal.. good call.. yes, you can use ONA gel for odor control. If you want
    to see it in action, just use the search feature in the forums and you'll find plenty of threads
    with people using it.

Don''t forget about temperature & humidity control.

Nirvana is a fine seedbank.. although its always wise to check the "current seed banks"
    thread in the Seed Banks forum here. Attitude Seeds seems to be very popular these
    days.

Hit us up if you have any more questions!

:bongin: ~Experimentalist