1st time grow, 2 weeks in (socal)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by WeedBastard, Mar 24, 2012.

1. white towel to keep those black pots chill in the sun. i swear it helps.

Attached Files:

2. [quote name='"WeedBastard"']white towel to keep those black pots chill in the sun. i swear it helps.[/quote]

Nice. I can tell you tipped them at the same time as I topped mine. If you want to see how they will look in a few months come by my page and take a look. They grow so much cooler like that

3. ive been droppin by your thread and admiring the in-ground plants, im jelly i cant do that haha. lets hope my lil potted sprouts will supply me with enough herb!:smoke:

4. [quote name='"WeedBastard"']

ive been droppin by your thread and admiring the in-ground plants, im jelly i cant do that haha. lets hope my lil potted sprouts will supply me with enough herb!:smoke:[/quote]

They definitely will if you keep them happy. I think I'm going to grow a mother in a big ass pot for next year. Gonna have to get a light!!!

5. I plan on keepin them lean n green, and that'd definitely be cool gettin an HID setup, but Im gonna stick with that big fireball in the sky for the time being haha.:p

6. [quote name='"WeedBastard"']

I plan on keepin them lean n green, and that'd definitely be cool gettin an HID setup, but Im gonna stick with that big fireball in the sky for the time being haha.:p[/quote]

Same here. I just want to hang into these genetics for next year!!!!

7. Starting indoors is the way to go. You get a head start on the growing season. I almost want to put two of my indoor plants outdoors. They are already at least two and a half feet if not three. One is jack Herer and a blue dream.

8. If your planning on keeping them in pots be ready to water often or try a DWC. I tried 5gal buckets last year and if I missed a watering they drooped. Overall harvest was really hurt by it. Just keep vigilant and they should be fine.

9. I would like to take my shot at DWC, this far its been pretty forgiving with soil though.

10. i feel like i really fucked the little one up when transplanting this time around, but thats the whole reason im not just growin one. Socal sativa growers, when did you plant and harvest last year? id like a general timeframe for mine.:ey:

Attached Files:

11. groomed them and topped the 2nd time, diggin the new 10 gallon pots.

Attached Files:

12. #92 mjmama25, May 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012
    [quote name='"WeedBastard"']white towel to keep those black pots chill in the sun. i swear it helps.[/quote]

Probably reflects more light too. Good idea. The roots really don't like cooking under that hot plastic. Ever tried smart pots or any type or fabric pots? They're awesome and not very expensive at all. My 30 gallon I just bought was under $20. This is my second season (4th crop) with them.

13. wow i didnt know they were that cheap, ill use those next grow forshow! thanks for the input :D

14. [quote name='"WeedBastard"']

wow i didnt know they were that cheap, ill use those next grow forshow! thanks for the input :D[/quote]

Yeah, same here. They started selling them at the canna club I go to a couple years ago and I noticed they don't cost any more than plastic containers. If you sow you can just buy a roll of felt and make some. They sure don't have to be perfect to hold dirt!

15. tis a nice day

Attached Files:

16. I have geo pots which are a bit stronger and are double stitched. They really do make a difference over plastic. I have a way better root system. Will not go back to plastic.

17. mixed in a good layer of ewc with the babies, did some work in the garden makin the irrigation system and fence

Attached Files:

18. Lookin real good man. I think you an I are about in the same spit right now as far as the size of our plants

19. Or have to put up with a dealer's shit AMEN indeed. Ur grow looks great be careful using miracle grow. I'm about to start my first grow as well I'm tryna start germination this week

20. yeah, i mixed equal parts fox farms light warrior seed starting mix too. it really airs it out. i transplanted and added a good layer of earth worm castings that i took a picture of previously. im trying to gear away from the salt-based synthetic ferts (they dont always mix well with MG). for some reason my seedlings have been growing really well in the shade next to sunny areas. good luck with your investment and dont over feed!:D