1st Time CFL Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by VTD247, Sep 21, 2013.

1. This is my first CFL indoor grow. I'm going to be updating this journal with pictures and progress reports daily. I currently have 4 CFL's that are pumping 1600 lumens. They are 100 watts equivalent. I am growing a plant from a bag seed that i germinated and put in soil that i mixed from top soil and miracle grow yesterday 9/21/13. I happy to be a part of the grasscity community and am open to helpful suggestions. 

IMG_20130920_231747.jpg

^ The Box

IMG_20130920_232302.jpg

^ Seed Germinated but nothing happening yet

2. The Box

IMG_20130920_231548.jpg

3. Day 2 of germinated seed in soil. Still nothing happening. Hopefully this little lady start pushing towards the light (If it is a lady)! I've had the pot in my box with light 24/7. I've kept the top layer of soil moist. I'll post pictures at first sign of changes. 

4. More HQ pics of my setup.

SAM_4052.JPG

SAM_4055.JPG

SAM_4056.JPG

SAM_4060.JPG

Small seed ling breaking ground^

5. Looks good mate, I like how you got the CFL's rigged. Have you got any plans to train her or are you going too just grow one big cola?

well, smh, i opened the box when i got up right now and nothing had happened. The damn seed never grew so i picked it and im gonna start over. i had it in there for 26 hrs already germinated. i'm a lil discouraged. Training? enlighten me please. i have 4 seeds germinating now.

7. here is what im thinkin now.  hopefully they sprout.
    SAM_4073.JPG

SAM_4074.JPG

8. i have three more seeds in paper germinating in my drawer.

By train do you mean keep a mother? i was going to, im finishing my bloom box now. i was gonna take which ever plants that germinate and clone to see what sex they are and keep a mother.

10. Ok, so the plant i was working with never grew, i have two seeds germinating on paper in a bag and two seeds germinating in dirt with a makeshift dome in the box. smh, i will update when something happens this is discouraging 

11. Hey man don't be discouraged and throw the seed in a cup of r/o water for 24 hours then throw it in the soil about 1/4 inch deep and she should sprout.

12. Give it a while mate, my germinated seeds took like a week too break ground.

By training I mean the different methods used to get more yield, Scrog, topping, fimming, super cropping etc.

Thanks, i left the ones i have now in a bag in a wet paper towel for a day, yesterday i put them into soil. I've cut a bottle and put it around the cup and pead pellet for humidity. its working i can see the condensation.

14. Good shit man haha check out my first CFL grow!

I will, its good to hear that it can take up to a week to sprout. im just gonna let them be and check on the humidity or the bottle. I've been looking into allot of different methods such as " Scrogging" "Topping" ect. but im really trying to get a indoor grow under my belt before i try anything too crazy. topping is a must though..

Thanks for the input, im gonna check you out right now.

17. I just put my seeds into a wet paper towel until the root broke out the seed and then I put it in the dirt. I dunno if that's the best way but it worked great for me. Just keep trying. Eventually they will pop! Other than that things are looking pretty nice!

Thanks for the input Sly, actually i will have pictures of whats been happeing in the last day or so. Two of the four seeds popped and one is a seedling! im feeling better now that things are growing lol.

Ill be posting pics in a couple hr's

19. Yo lets see some updates man haha

20. ok gimmie a couple min, gotta upload the pics hehe