1ST time attempt at growing, help with equiptment.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ntowner, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Hey Grasscity, i've been a member of this forum for a while now and to be honest have learnt so much reading through the different threads :D

anyway for about the last month i've been seriously considering growing.
    A couple of days ago a friend gave me a whole bag of seeds, mainly dark coloured ones and i used the paper towel method to germinate a couple. Im using the small peat pots to start with and some mulitpurpose compost which i found in the shed.
    Now im guessing this isn't an ideal growing medium but its all i can get at the minute untill i get paid in a few weeks, which is where i could do with help.

Basically i need a simple list of what equiptment is essential, Im leaning towards CFL's so which kind would people reccomend?? a couple of 6500K ones for the entire grow?
    Also do i need a PH tester,fans, thermometer, and which nutrients are tried and tested?
    Also what size Pots are reccomended?

ANy help/advice would be greatly appreciated and one i have a system up and running im planning to start a journal on this forum, however i have a budget or around £100 although i could spend a bit more.

Lastly i'm just planning to grow two plants at a time so does anyone have any ideas of a way to keep the grow stealthy as it will be in my bedroom? i really like the PC tower grow boxes although the cost's an issue with the ones you can buy ready setup, i got a couple of wardrobes so maybe i could use them.
    Many thanks

2. #2 automan142, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
    [quote name='"Ntowner"']Hey Grasscity, i've been a member of this forum for a while now and to be honest have learnt so much reading through the different threads :D

anyway for about the last month i've been seriously considering growing.
    A couple of days ago a friend gave me a whole bag of seeds, mainly dark coloured ones and i used the paper towel method to germinate a couple. Im using the small peat pots to start with and some mulitpurpose compost which i found in the shed.
    Now im guessing this isn't an ideal growing medium but its all i can get at the minute untill i get paid in a few weeks, which is where i could do with help.

Basically i need a simple list of what equiptment is essential, Im leaning towards CFL's so which kind would people reccomend?? a couple of 6500K ones for the entire grow?
    Also do i need a PH tester,fans, thermometer, and which nutrients are tried and tested?
    Also what size Pots are reccomended?

ANy help/advice would be greatly appreciated and one i have a system up and running im planning to start a journal on this forum, however i have a budget or around £100 although i could spend a bit more.

Lastly i'm just planning to grow two plants at a time so does anyone have any ideas of a way to keep the grow stealthy as it will be in my bedroom? i really like the PC tower grow boxes although the cost's an issue with the ones you can buy ready setup, i got a couple of wardrobes so maybe i could use them.
    Many thanks[/quote]

Hey ther.

hav a look at the blue cheese grow in my sig, i used a wardrobe so you myt get some pointers.

CFL lighting is needed in both spectrums ideally 2700k being ideal for flower and 6500k for vegetative stage. 100 watt for 1 plant then 50 watts per additional plant so youll b looking at 150 watt minimum ideally.

You need a thermometer/hygrometer to measure temp and humidity (theyre real cheap on ebay) as is a ph test kit.

Pots youll need maybe 1 gallon and 3 gallon transplating as the plant gets bigger.

Intake fans and exhaust fans for fresh air in and old air out and also a fan circulating the air ideally (pc fans and phone chargers are cheapest way to solve this)

Try bio bizz grow and bloom for nutes, nice and cheap but also tried and tested with good results

3. Thanks for the information, muchappreciated :D

4. [quote name='"Ntowner"']Thanks for the information, muchappreciated :D[/quote]

No problems man, iv done two boxes now that are kinda stealthy both in my sigs, am always about somewer if you need any pointers.

Good luck bro

5. Ahh cheers mate, looked like a real good setup, sorry to hear you got raided, i know what you mean about the UK law is fucked lol.. ill definatley get in contact when i got my setup sorted :)

6. [quote name='"Ntowner"']Ahh cheers mate, looked like a real good setup, sorry to hear you got raided, i know what you mean about the UK law is fucked lol.. ill definatley get in contact when i got my setup sorted :)[/quote]

Yeah man, you should sub along on my recent venture, the chem#4 grow, im probably asking questions now that youll need to ask in the future cause im no expert by any means. Im learning slowly but surely and its all down to this place, some really helpful people about on here.

Happy growing ;)

7. [quote name='"Ntowner"']Ahh cheers mate, looked like a real good setup, sorry to hear you got raided, i know what you mean about the UK law is fucked lol.. ill definatley get in contact when i got my setup sorted :)[/quote]

U in the uk?

8. Not sure if you are doing hydro or soil, but if you are going with hydro, I use Bubbleponics. I got all my lights, equipment, etc there too all in one place and have been using the same equipment for 2 years now.

If you want more help, I have a guide in my sig that goes through step by step. Good luck brotha!

9. automan yehh midlands :) and cheers for the guide bro i'll give it a read

10. You have really persuaded me with the hydroponnics systems :L how much was your setup??