1st time 100% coco coir / Final Result

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by ergoliat, May 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hi
    This is my first try in coco . this is how the ladies are growing

day 1
    [​IMG]

day 8
    [​IMG]

day 15
    [​IMG]

day 22
    [​IMG]

I dont know why that lady grows so petite. :/ but is cute xD

cheers from Chile :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. First one to comment!

Looking good in here

Strains?

Cheers from the Caribbean

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. they are seeds that were left over from a couple of previous crops. seeds, they are all of eva seed bank: one high level, one jamaica dream, one monster and one pink plant.

the problem is that they mix so I will have to wait for the bloom to identify them :/

cheers :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hey ergoliat. I think platinum meant why 100% coco and no perlite mix. With the iron methods there is a need for the additional air that you get from the added perlite. It helps oxygen get to the roots and it helps to keep from being too moist, the coco alone holds a fair amount of moisture.
    As for your FloraKleen alternative, I don't know that I'd worry about using it regularly, I'd stick to the final flush. That final flush is important and no matter the flushing product you use it should be fine at that point in the cycle. As a weekly flush, I think iron has dropped it. If you've tried it, you may see some deficiencies as your plants may be needing the food still. You could play with it and see if there are adverse effects. I've opted for feeding all the time and minimizing the number of "tricks" I try until I have a few grows successfully completed so that I can see how things go naturally. The strains you're growing may just want all the food you can give it. If you're getting note burn in the future, you could try flushing with straight water just to keep it hydrated and allow it to flush some of the salts that may be built up. We're you able to find the drip clean? I think that should help avoid salt build-up through your regular feeding.

Take this with a grain of salt, I'm still very new here as well but this is where my understanding is right now.

Sent from my A0001 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2

5. Thanks for the clarification man :)

I mainly use 100% coco coir for the price of the perlita, here in chile is a bit expensive, like many of the nutrients of the iron method. The nutrients hydroponics are more expensive for soil here.
    for example the flora micro that cost $11.36/quart here in chile cost $29.99/quart !!!
    Basically is cheaper to cultivate in soil at the end of the world jaja

About the florakleen is impossible to obtain and export it is even more expensive, the same thing with the drip clean or the SM-90.

So I finished using what I could find:

3 part GH flora (micro, grow, bloom)
    calmag by GH
    powerzyme by hesi
    and the final flush by grotek

The hydroponics and coco cultivation is still not common here and that is reflected in the prices. :/

About the flushing, I'm flushing every 2 weeks to avoid what your comment and try to keep the salts the lowest possible.

cheers from chile :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. update day 29 + Defoliation (Before and after)

day 29 before
    [​IMG]

day 29 after
    [​IMG]

leaves
    [​IMG]

I decided to use the Defoliation technique in this grow and learn more about it.
    I hope can obtain what I want. :)

cheers from chile

• Like Like x 2
  7. Espero que todo ande bien por Chile

Hope you are doing well, how the girls are doing?

8. i can relate, i am in buenos aires argentina. Most of the things in use i bring from the USA. We have 50% import duty here in argentina.

i usually end up flushing about once a month they way i am feeding.

can you get pumice? it works like perlite in the coco, providing better drainage.

i never use a flushing agent. when i do my monthly flush, i flush with 1/4 strength nutrients. works great. If you aren't using a PPPM meter, flush with 3 times bucket size. if using a meter, flush until runoff is less than 100PPM more than what you are pouring into the medium for the flush

9. Hi bro.
    Yeah everything is working fine. I made a second defoliation session and its work perfect. I'm really happy with the ladies till now. This is the result

day 31 before 2nd attack
    [​IMG]

day 31 after
    [​IMG]

day 31 after from side
    [​IMG]

day 31 after in the house
    [​IMG]

day 33 results
    [​IMG]

saludos desde chile
    Cheers from chile :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thx for passing by man :)

Because the amount of nut that I'm feeding the ladies I do flushing every 2 weeks. Its working till now. about the pumice (piedra pomes) Maybe in the next grow I'll try it to see how its works .

saludos desde chile
    Cheers from chile

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I would get a ppm meter. Your going to burn your plants following someone exacly. They look nice and healthy atm although. Good jobm

Sent from my LGLS991 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  12. They don't get burnt, since I've followed that method for more than 2 years since without having real issues. Can they grow better, yes they can.

Hope you doing well ergo

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yes I use a PMM meter, but to clarify I do not follow the Iron recipe point by point. His method showed me how its possible grow in coco with certains nutrients and showed me that anyone can do it.
    Now I use the 3 parts of flora series (his method use only 2) and I follow the official chart of GH . To this point it is working great, without problems. Soon I will upload more pics of the ladies in the first week of transition.

Cheers from the end of the world :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. image.jpeg image.jpeg Nice plant bro... What lights are you using ?

Are you lights as close to the plants as possible?

I love coco, I've had nothing but good experiences with it

Cheers from Southern California

• Like Like x 2
  15. Yea coco is indeed a personal favorite of mines...