1st temple set up help requested

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by WhosurDaddy, Feb 6, 2010.

1. #1 WhosurDaddy, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
    I have a 300 cubic ft grow room with a 1000w mh/hps light (w/ cooling fan) and four flourescents. 6" duct that is going to be ran roughly 25 feet, with a inline carbon filter that ends into a a home made 5 gallon bucket with 25lbs of activated carbon. I was planning on using a inline fan outside of the temple with 425 cfm rate near the end of the flex duct.
    please share your thoughts even if I am being retarded, :)

2. do you have pics I'd like to see you build it, what is the height? width?and how did you build the "bucket"? are you using soil? and what exactly would you like help with my friend?

3. In process of framing it up now. my email is kzeinner@yahoo.com get at me and Ill send pics in next week or two when its constructed. the actual grow room is 5x5x8 and there is a seperate 3x4x8 area that will be used as a cloning area but share the same vent system. The end filter I found instructions to here http://budfacts.com/52/homemade-grow-room-odor-control/
    I am concernered where to place the fan (will be a inline fan) I know I have to go stronger than 3-5 times a refresh rate but I am not sure how much stronger. :cool:
    I am looking at this fan High Tech Garden Supply
    The first grow will be in soil as I recoup from the costs so far. After that I am going t research and go aeroponic or hydroponic

4. I made the rough neck areo unit and it is awesome....cheap too!

5. nice! I was looking at the plans on hightimes.com too, looking at flush and fill, wick Im open to all suggestions. I know i am going to make mistakes esp early on. But I am still going to do my best to make good descions lol

6. CO2 Hydroponics

check out the "free plans" here and you'll learn a ton about hydro and areo its really quite easy.

7. cool thanx bro. So what cfm do you suggest? where would you place the fan?

8. You could use an in line booster fan with what you have and that should do fine once you figure out how long it should run and at what interval ( off/on cycle).
    You are gonna need fresh air coming into the room also. I would pull air out of the room from the middle of a corner and I like my incoming air to come from a very low point outside the room and enter the room at a high point. I figure that you get more Co2 that way.