1st stealth grow advice needed

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Paul230684, Jun 29, 2012.

1. I'm planning on setting up a small grow in my kitchen larder, im not new to growin and have had lots of success with bigger grow rooms, but things seem to be a lot differnt. Firstly i carnt use the normal 600w HPS due to the heat in small places this is my 1st problem I'm thinking of useing CFL witch i know should work well in veg but am not clear on flowering as I've heard that i will need to add some sort of UV light to bud properly, is this right can someone please advise me also on the amount of CFL's and wattages needed to sudstitute a 600w HPS and will the plants take to LST the same under CFL. Another smaller worry is dealing with the smell if i put a carbon filter in there it will take up too much space i've been told t use a carbon sock but im unsure of wat this is is it the carbon socks made for cyclists feet and if so how would i use it would i be able to pull it over some ducting from a small RVK would i use jus 1 sock or layer a few over the ducting and would this really do the job of a high quality filter, any adice on these points or any tips at all would be great. also wat type of yeild can i expect i'd say previously i've averaged 10 oz a plant useing HPS,LST, and all the room they've ever needed, or and i used to make diy CO2 bottles with yeast bi-carb and water:wave:

2. do i need to add any ova UV light when flowering and how much wattage do i need to replace a 600w HPS

3. think u can flower with LEDs which r not as hot as HPSs. I read something about a negative ion generator for the smell never used 1 but maybe worth a look. 10 oz is huge u must have vegged them for donks!

4. you can veg with t5s (cfl) which you can get at just about any flower of grow shop. For flowering cfls get tricky...... The general rule and this is very low but have atleast 100 watts per plant, you buds will be less dence but if its just a persi grow it should be fine....... And for the heat problem i have never used exhaust with cfls just make sure you give plently of ventelation by opening the door every once in a while daily

5. i veged for like 4 week from seedlings i jus start the LST dead early useing fishing weights and keep evrything else real basic a good soil mix and big pots each with there own drip tray simple feeds i used bio bizz, poted them in palgon all mix and bat guana, once a week i added super thrive and sprayed with formulex 4 times a day walst in veg all nice and cheap. I've used LEDs before just as side lighting didnt find much differnce but a supose they had all the light they needed already from HPS 600w per sq. mtre I'll defonatly look up this ion generator tho (sounds expencive tho) thanks for the help m8

6. #6 Paul230684, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
    PolorBear. The t5s are the ones like strip lights init i've seen em b4 a while back a friend was usein em t root cuttings it was only small tho do they do big 1s cause altho small they was longish and i dont know if i would fit two in the larder at the same hight i was thingin of the big 1s that look like energy saving bulbs but proper big was thinging two 1
    above each plant i've got like a 1,1/4 mtr x 3/4 mtr space. and you say 100w per plant is that just the normal cfl a dont have to add a UV light to it. And i was going to use exaust as with it been the larder theres a breath block in there and its right at side of the kitchen window so i dont wanna open the door to much

7. jg also to get a big yeild id give the plants twice the recomended amont of nutes witch is ok jus add twice the water its the ratio thats important just takes longer to water as you need to wait for the water to drain

8. If you double the nutes and double the water you make no difference apart from have twice as much feed. The strength will not change where's the logic in your statement ?

I'm stoned yer but it's a bit of a head fuck trying to work out your point :)

9. With such a small height i would suggest you check out SCROG methods as it is the best way to control upward growth and also make the light go where it needs to go with manipulation of growth. with a good scrog you should make a canopy of uniform buds and it will look like a cornfield of buds when looked at from the side. also using 4 small plants instead of one big one saves a whole lot of time. Good luck buddy

10. put like a 250 watt hps and vent that shit like crazy
    either that or a t5. i dont fuck with led's but i head there pretty good.