1st QWISO run/some purp bud shots

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Deep Roots, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Goood morning GC! Hope everyone's having a good day and staying blazed:smoke: I am, lol. Wakenbaked some bluedream and some purp and another noname ( has a lemony taste ).

The other night i made QWISO for the first time using the stems i previously posted in a thread awhile back and got a decent .2 bowl pack of STICKY keif

(it wasn't dry enough i think plus a had a shitty razor blade lol)

but iv got a good idea of the process doing it and have been reading some really good guides on here
    (+rep Sirsog; he has some really great knowledge & advice on oils)

and i think i'll be able to do some good runs once i get started; hopin to find a trim connect off a friend or maybe just buying a quad or half of mid?? & i gotta get some coffee filters, i used a tshirt haha.

enjoy:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bluedream&purp
    [​IMG]

qwiso right after strained through shirt
    [​IMG]

few hrs passed
    [​IMG]

( i had it next to a fan drawing air off it)

....dry
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (some came up as a black oil??)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

was fucking hard to scrape up lol made such a mess and lost alittle in process:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Well I'm off, getting thirsty and about bout to make me some blueberry waffles!! and hit some more purp!:bongin:

peace:wave: stay blazed

2. damn just noticed the hair in pic 10:devious: lol

3. Nice job, looks good for a first run. Did you freeze the buds and iso alcohol before starting the process? Also, it would've helped significantly if you used some paper coffee filters at the end because your oil mixture in pic 4 should be 100% free of impurities. I think that's why it came out more solid and less like an oil. Either way, welcome to the world of iso, you will now be eternally addicted to perfecting your oils... lol let me know if you have any questions
    :smoke:

4. when you got to the pic that says, "a few hours past," and it was mostly dried try pouring the rest of the liquid onto another plate or tray. the first tray will come out better and most likely won't have the black liquid part. leave the other tray out for a while and forget about it and when you are done with the first batch the second should be good and evaporated.

5. no lol, but i will next time then. ok yeah that makes sense, thanks and yeah i already feel the urge to just keep making batches and trying them:devious::smoke:

6. That's a great idea! Thanks man ill do that next run i do