1st Post 1st Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Graco1, Nov 30, 2009.

1. I am about to start my first grow in small cabenet 4ft height x 3ft lgt x 2ftw. I am looking to grow 2 plants if possible.

I am using 2 x 23 watt cfl daytime + 1 250w blue for grow and 2x 23watt soft and 250w red for flower.

The main problem i have though is that my attic can get very cold especially just now,it sits about 55 when lights are out on a cold day, is there any advice on the best way to regulate the temp especially when lights are out?

also, what would you suggest i use for intake & outake of air from the cabenet? Was thinking computer fans but would they be strong enough and would they do both intake and outake? (sorry if thats a daft question)

Any other help would be appreaciated.

G.

2. Do a dry run with your lights and see what the temp looks like for a 24 hour period and a 12 hour period. That way you know when and if you'll actually need a heater.

After that just any plug in unit works if you stick the fan behind it so it tossses heat towards the plants. You can pickup wall socket adapters that work like timers but with room temperature if you get antsy about it.

Intake just go passive and exhaust use a modest fan with a CAN filter. It should keep the smell clean and the room pressure negative with good ventilation.

3. also a good tip for growers in this situation is to run the lights during the night to keep temps up & have the lights off during the day when the temps should be warmer without the lights

4. Excellant- Thanks!

I have a pc fan that i'll use for the intake but will look for a stronger one for exhaust then.

Will post my results once fans n lights are all set up.

Cheers