1st plant , need some help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Piffguru, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Yeah, it seems very tall for it's age. It looks like it has stretched to get more light. Either you have too little light (w) or the light is too far away. What type of lighting do you have?

2. i just added 4 100w cfls today and moved them about 2-3 inches away from it

3. A hundred actual watts or equivalent?

Anyways, your plant will probably stop stretching now that it gets enough light.

4. I dont know about the stretching but make sure to stop light getting to the roots. ie transparent pots

5. I have a feeling when you say you went and got 4 100 watt lights that you mean you got 4 100 watt equivalent lights.. Don't go by the equivalent number.. Go by the actual number of watts.. If not then you should be fine on light now..

I'd say your overstretching problem is definitely lack of light.. Do you have a fan oscillating? If not I'd suggest getting one to strengthen the stem of the plant instead of using that straw..

Clear containers are not good to grow in.. Roots don't like light.. There for they won't like light being able to penetrate the dirt so get a new pot for your baby..

What is on the walls in the background.. Hard to tell what you are using to reflect.. If it is mylar then sweet if not and it is aluminum foil then get rid of it.. It hurts the plant more than helps..

When you want to transplant just get a bigger pot and fill it about 3/4 with soil and make an impression of the current pot in the soil.. Once your seedling has a good root ball just hold the girl's soil and turn her over.. Don't pull at the stem or anything like that.. Just kind of let it slide out into your hands and place it in the center of the impression.. Add extra soil around the top as needed..

Hope this helps a bit.. Goodluck

6. More light will help but its also just really young and fragile. Be patient and it'll be fine.