1st PC Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by warefly, Nov 23, 2011.

1. I'm spending way too much money and receiving very little in return, so I figured its time to grow my own. My apartments gets monthly check ups though, so I'm having to stealthy about it.

[​IMG]

I'll be using the hax x case for my pc grow... The ventilation on it to begin with is amazing, plus just with the stock fans it comes with its close to perfect. Also note I did not buy the case specific for my grow, its just a spare gaming rig case I happened to have.

This is the look from the outside:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The case is really big, so it has a lot of room to work with. I do need to get rid of some of the side metal, but I need some pliers to try and remove some of the bolts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a look at some of the fans and ventilation points

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And these two huge fans are at the top of the case which I will use as the exhaust to cool the inside and the lights.

[​IMG]

I'm hoping the air flow in the end is something like this....

[​IMG]

I think the hardest part is that this case has a lot of spots where light will be able to come out off, so I'm probably have the hardest time with that, but we'll see. Tomorrow another update I hope.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should put in please go ahead and I'll take them into consideration.

Uhh, thats it for now, I'll post when I have something new or have something to write on my material notes.

Material so far:

Haf x case

6 bulb sockets

2. Won't the fact it has a clear side bugger it up?

3. Well yea, but that is assuming you leave like that :D

I will cover it with some mylar soon.

4. "Oho! That PC case is filled with tinfoil! Seems totally legit!"
    ^ Just saying :p

5. The box looks small enough to put in a press or something when someone calls.

6. Any new work on the case? I use the same one as my actual gaming rig haha. That clear side panel is freakin sweet. Trade me for my non window one.:D Gonna be a lot of work light trapping and getting that thing sealed with all the ventilation they made for it.

7. Spray paint the clear stuff black (or whatever colour your box is), mylar on the inside, sorted mate! If in further doubt, put the pc side with the now black clear stuff against the side under your computer desk or wherever its going.. :)

8. Yep, I'll upload a couple new pics tomorrow.

Dude I kind of wish I did have your non window one lol.