1st Outdoor Guerrilla Grow Journal - Midwest USA

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by CronJon420, Apr 18, 2012.

1. #1 CronJon420, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2012
    Hello everyone! CronJon420 here, and I am from the Midwest of the USA where unfortunately pot isn't legal and is treated like the prohibition days here. There are good clay like soil and Temperate Deciduous Forests in the area I live. This is my first outdoor guerrilla grow so I am growing only 2 G13 Labs Blueberry Gum Fem Seeds; and I will keep this Grow Journal updated from start to finish with pictures and what is going on with my Guerrilla Garden. I am excited to get this show on the road. Lets start with my Inventory, I'll give you an insight with the equipment i am working with and going to be carrying to my patch in a backpack.

Inventory
    -Currently germinating (soaking) 2 G13 Labs Blueberry Gum Fem Seeds
    ·Machete
    ·Garden Tiller
    ·Lightweight Cultivator
    ·Bug & Insect Repellent
    ·Tri fold Shovel
    ·Garden Trowel
    ·Measuring Tape
    ·Calendar
    ·Fox Farm Happy Frog Potting Soil
    -Two 5.2" Small Pot for Seedlings
    ·Need Support sticks
    ·Need Thread
    ·Need Watering can
    ·Water spray bottle
    ·Insect and animal repellent for plant
    ·A pair of scissors
    ·Need Grow nutrients: Vegetative and flowering (Jacks All Purpose + Jacks Blossom Booster)

April 11th, 2012
    Today, I went out on a hike and found the location of where I am going to possibly place my babies. Location is pretty low key, away from civilization, gets decent sunlight, and next to a river which is a great source of water. The soil is compact when I squeeze it but breaks apart with small pressure. It looks to absorb water quite well. I will post pictures of the Secret Patch (Aka my G-spot) when I get the chance.

April 16th, 2012
    My seeds from the Attitude Seed Bank arrived in the mail today. All 9 seeds I received in the mail look very healthy and ready to germinate. I plan to germinate and plant just 2 G13 Labs Blueberry Gum Fem seeds since this is my first outdoor guerrilla grow.

April 17th, 2012
    The moon phase is in Waning Crescent tonight which is best for seed germination. It is currently 9:53pm and I plan to submerge 2 of my Blueberry Gum Fem Seeds under water for 48 hours in a warm dark spot.

I soaked 2 Blueberry Gum Fem Seeds in a cup of reverse osmosis water ph of 6.0 tonight at 10:00pm on 4/17/2012 and I plan to check the seeds again at 10:00pm 4/19/2012 or sooner if the seed cracks and sinks to the bottom of the cup.

That is all I have for now, I will post again in a few days and update the status of my 2 Germinated G13 seeds.

Attached Files:

2. Hey man! Midwesterner here as well.

When picking a spot you really need to be worried about sunlight. That is the number one factor (other than security) when it comes to growing outdoors. Don't settle for decent sunlight.

Also, don't underestimate the native soil in the forest around here. Most is great to grow in unless the clay content in just too high. Do some digging and get your hands dirty. Moist, black, rich smelling soil will stand out when compared to clay dominated stuff.

Best of luck.

3. Thanks for the Tip CarloMax I will check again how adequate the sunlight for my G-spot is and I think that the soil is possibly rich enough to plant these babies in.

April 18th, 2012
    -I checked the seeds being soaked in the cup at 10:00am, and after a quick little jab at the seeds with my finger; they both fell to the bottom of the cup. I am going to take the seeds out of the cup of water tomorrow 4/19/2012 at 10:00am; and place the seeds onto a wet paper towel or cloth and let it sit for 24-36 hours in a warm dark location.

I have a question for all the experts out there; How deep of a hole should I dig to plant my sprouted seedling from the Rockwool? I was hearing a 2x2 feet deep hole, line it up 2" with Gravel for drainage and fill the rest with potting soil. Or what size pot should I use if I plan to start my seedlings in a pot? and possibly bury the two pots in the dirt at my G-Spot.

Let me know what you guys think. CronJon420 Signing Out!

4. I have no experience with rockwool. Honestly, if you are going to transplant into soil, you should probably just start in soil. It's pretty simple in my opinion. Sow seed, add water, let 'er grow!

Pot size depends on how long you will be growing them before transplant into the great outdoors.

5. Well im having some plants in a 35 gal pot and a 65 gal as long with 3x3x3 holes. But i have my spot in full contact with the sun all day long. If you wanna dig a hole than 2x2x2 is fine. Go 3x3 if you got alot of light and want big plants. With bags anything above 10 gal should be just fine

6. nice. Just started my grow season this week as well

7. 4/18/2012 Journal Update - I went to the hydroponic store today and purchased a 2 Cu Ft bag of Fox Farm Happy Frog Potting Soil and General Hydroponics' MaxiGro (10-5-14) and MaxiBloom (5-15-14) nutrients. I also bought GardenTech Worry Free Insect Dust and Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent to protect my babies from the ever so dangerous environment out here. Now I basically have everything I need to begin this Guerrilla Grow. Seeds are currently still soaking in the cup until tomorrow morning at 10:00am.

Tomorrow I will head out to the patch and take some pictures and post the G-spot for everyone to check out. Until then, I have blunts and bowls to tok. Happy 420 Everyone!

Attached Files:

8. #8 CarloMarx, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2012
    As a deer hunter and one who has lived around deer most of life, I would advise you to go with some small fencing instead of the deer/rabbit repellent. The fact is if deer want it, they will get it. Better safe than sorry, man. People recommend all kinds of shit to keep deer away, but only one thing works 100% of the time--fear. Make your presence known when you see deer and tell them to back the fuck off.

Go the extra mile and get some fencing + the repellant. You'll never regret being too safe.

9. Oh okay. I gotcha Carlo; I will look into some fencing for the ladies. Do you think one 2 Cu Ft bag of Fox Farm Happy Frog Potting Soil mixed with the soil in my patch will be enough potting soil for a two 2 feet deep and 2 feet in diameter hole for my two plants? And Should I line the base of the hole with a 2" layer of gravel for drainage.

10. Yeah that sounds fine. You can even be fine with about a half to 3/4 of that bag and the rest native dirt. As long as you keep the holes that small

11. Roger that 530 Organic Guy. I will keep that in mind when I dig the holes. How important are knowing and measuring the levels of Ph in the soil when growing outdoors? I will try to keep my soil at a constant 6.7-7.0. I've been trying to find a decent soil Ph meter but all of them are either way overpriced or cheap but junk. Any recommendations on finding the ph of soil?

12. Don't waste your time and money on a pH meter for outdoor soil. You shouldn't have to worry about that at all.

13. Yeah exactly. Dont really matter too too much. Niga you growin in the bushes lol

14. Update: April 19th, 2012
    \tAround 11:00 am I checked the seeds being soaked; both seeds appear to have sprouted the little tiny taproot at the bottom of the cup. I plan to place the seeds onto a wet cloth and into a zip lock bag and let it sit for 24-36 hours before transferring it over to the Rockwool cube.

15. 5:34pm April 19th, 2012
    Both Blueberry Gum Seeds have sprouted about 2 mm of tap root. Seeds appear to look healthy so I transferred them over to the wet paper towel and into a zip lock bag. Its in a safe and warm spot to germinate for the next 24-36 hours.

Instead of using the Rockwool cube to start my seedlings, I bought two small 5.2" pots and filled them both up with the Happy Frog Potting Soil and I plan to directly plant both seeds into the soil, one in each pot. I will then keep the pots in total darkness until I can see both plants starting to sprout out of the soil.

16. Good move, IMO.

Also, once you see taproot go ahead and pop 'em in the soil. Let nature do it's thing. You don't want to leave the taproot exposed in a paper towel for too long. They are ready for take off now man.

17. 4/19/2012 6:22pm -Journal Update
    Change of plans. I opened the wet cloth and the both seeds seem to be ready to be planted into soil; taproots looking healthy and poking out. I used the back of a pen to poke a hole about one half inch deep in both pots and dropped the two seedlings into the hole. I also made sure to make the soil moist but not too wet when planting the seeds. The two pots are sitting in complete darkness in a quite warm location until the sprouts reach above the soil. I will putting up pictures soon.

How often will I have to mist the soil to keep the soil moist and the plants sprouting healthily? I don't want to overdo it or underwater the plants? Also, at what week and how big should the plant be for transplanting these 2 ladies onto the ground?

18. How of often you need to mist depends on the environmental conditions. A good idea would be to give them both a gentle soaking (I don't mean flooding) and saran wrap the tops so no moisture escapes. You shouldn't need much more water after that. If they need anything, it will just be a good misting.

Last year I waited 6 weeks to transplant, but this year I'm only waiting 4. That part is up to you, although you don't want your delicate babies to get thrashed outside if they are too small.

19. April 20th, 2012
    6:59pm
    I checked the two pots and so far after 24 hours I have not seen any of the two plants starting to sprout out of the soil. I am going to be checking it every 10 to 12 hours to see if progress has been made. Patience is a virtue.

Happy 420 everyone!! Blowing up a blunt of some good good mid soon. Can't wait for my shit to grow so I don't have to worry about risking my ass buying on the streets anymore. Smoke up everyone!

20. Hey guys! I've had one hell of a 420 weekend, I literally been baked the whole weekend, lol; that's why I haven't been able to post for a few days. But I'm back, and the 2 seedlings in my 2 pots look beautiful! I am hoping and praying for a good harvest this season. I attached some pictures of my
    seedlings! Enjoy! :smoke:

Here's my journal entry:

April 21st, 2012
    4:20pm
    I checked both pots and so far I am starting to see one sprout slowly but surely making its way up out of the soil.

April 20th, 2012
    Both seeds from both pots have successfully sprouted. I misted both pots twice today to keep the soil moist. I also removed the seed shells from the baby leaves from the two plants.

April 21st, 2012 - 23rd, 2012
    I've been misting the seedlings twice a day once every 12 hours to keep the soil moist and keeping it indoors and by the window to get as much sunlight as possible. I might also have to look for another low key location, I am a little paranoid about this spot.

Attached Files: