2018 Outdoor - MHM and DOS

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by StickyBudHound, May 19, 2018.

1. I intend to treat these ginormous containers the same way as curing in quart jars, store them in a cool dark place and open the lids for a few hours each day.

I haven't cured in anything but Mason jars for past grows so far so, growing this much at once, I'm thinking I need to cut corners on time spent working on it.

I'd need about 10 quart jars per pound to cure everything I have right now and I'm expecting a total of about 6 lb between OD and ID grows. I'd rather open 6 containers a day instead of 60. Lol

They'll go into quart jars after the cure for long term storage.

2. Keep me updated on steps, please.

Do you use bovedas?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. No, I'd like to though. Haven't ordered any yet. Have you used them?

4. Every cure, 2 per qt jar, boveda 62s, they make others but 62s are for cannabis.

Might want to fill a couple jars 3/4 with buddage, throw in a couple b62s, burp em daily for 2-3 weeks, leave em in afterwards.

Usually have a bunch going w 62s and stick in one of these in a jar, burp till stable around 60% rh:

AD6CE333-AE1C-4FF5-ACD2-8965029FE7BF.jpeg

5. That's a shit ton of jars to open each day. I wonder if I could use around 10 of the 62s in this 20 quart container to achieve the same result?

6. 2 per qt would be 40 in a 20qt, gettin pretty expensive. But if you can afford it, do at least one and compare with/without.

Was just suggesting you do a few in jars, so you can compare to big containers. Maybe better, maybe not. But if better w bovedas, then you might want to have 2 grades: smaller, primo stash; larger big cure.

I’m interested in seeing how the big cure is done and how it goes

• Like Like x 2
  7. How many grams are the 62s you get? I see quite a variety on Amazon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Didn't do nearly as well with the Dosidos having had so much bud rot on the biggest colas. Only 14 and 1/8 oz.

20181018_195638.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Only half a boatload..,

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Sweet haul
    Hoping for the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  11. I got 6g I think it’s huge did not mean to get the big one. But it works

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  12. You think there’s a problem using bigger than qt
    I got carpal tunnel and arthritis. So many jars

@ I love growing weed

13. Lol, I'm sure you don't have to hope to hard on it. Those are gargantuan buds you've been posting pics of lately!

• Like Like x 1
  14. #95 Or_Gro, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    Doesn’t look like sbh is having a problem in 20qt bins, and no boveda...

As long as you can get them near 60%, size shouldn’t matter

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I think there's something to be said about the amount of space left in the cure container. I have 6 of them at various levels of full. The most full are curing better than the least full. I don't think the less full are curing badly but, I think they should maybe be closed for longer periods between burping.

• Like Like x 3
  16. I’m using Boveda’ and another knock off brand that’s a 55 not a 62. I’m doing exactly what your doing except I taped the packs to the top (I herd they can’t touch the buds directly). I’ll let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  17. Hi Shatter, were you talking to me or to Or_Gro?

• Like Like x 1
  18. OMG it never ends [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

@ I love growing weed

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Agreed bro. Just when you think you have it all figured out, the rules change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1