2018 Outdoor - MHM and DOS

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by StickyBudHound, May 19, 2018.

1. I think I'm gonna have to cut them next weekend. Rain is coming. I'd hate to wait and lose out. This is the only part of this grow that's been stressful at all to me. Oregon moisture is unstoppable. Some still gets in with all the wind too.

Do you think it will be such a big deal to not wait for pistils to turn? I figured, as long as trichs are cloudy it should be fine.

2. Cut a bud, dry at low heat, smoke/vape it... may be ok right now. Put a dry half g on a cracker or cookie w/ peanut butter/nutella (firecracker), eat it. May be ready to smoke or work better for cooking.

Other thing is you don’t have to chop it all at once, cut out branches as you go to open it up for airflow

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I took some from a branch today to test out. Quick dried them as best I could. The product is good! A quick head high and a relaxing effect. Here's what it looks like after trimming and baking.
    20181006_183826.jpg

4. #64 Or_Gro, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    It’s shining! I know the look...

52111A10-CC6A-4C77-908E-960449B89B73.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Lmao, that little vid creeped me out when Hunter posted it. Willem Defoe is just crazy enough to pull that off.

It was a good test run. Took about a foot off of one of the lowest branches. Wasn't planning to take a whole foot off. The neighbor who's been helping me spied the only bit of bud rot I have at all and pointed it out to me. Without thinking, I told him to cut it off and he took the top foot!! I have so much it wasn't a big deal but, lesson learned. :) Now, I have about half an ounce dry weight to cure instead of a couple of grams. Lol

6. Funny..

Hey, with nighttime lows, you should be seein some purps...

7. Marginal if any at all. I'm a little surprised it isn't the prevalent color out here.

The trichs are starting to get some amber even though pistils aren't yet mature and receding.

Just now
    20181007_084217.jpg 20181007_084224.jpg 20181007_084240.jpg 20181007_084247.jpg

8. I'd love to see some purple in there. These strains seem to like the cooler weather.

I'm not too worried about the PM anymore. Still pulling bigger patches on leaves but, watched this video and it seems really easy to get rid of at harvest time.

9. Harvested both plants yesterday and today. Really had no choice due to finding some bud rot in a few places. Ended up losing about a half pound from the Dosidos and maybe a quarter pound from the Mount Hood Magic.

I dipped and washed each and every morsel for about 8 minutes in a water and peroxide mix to be sure to sterilize it before drying. Tomorrow night, we'll trim the Dosidos. Friday night, we'll trim the Mount Hood Magic.

The area is 12' x 6'.

This is the most bud I've ever seen in one place other than in High Times magazine!

20181010_205101.jpg
    This is a huge cola!! That's a gallon of paint next to it... Most of them are pretty similar to this one. I'll post pics of the entire haul after each plant is trimmed.
    20181010_211728.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Like i said in pm, fucking beautiful, man! Just amazing, give us a quality assurance report after your hands recover....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey man, you seemed to like outdoor growing. I forgot to mention that autos really do well in our parts. Nowadays there are all the famous strains in auto version, and the xl’s can get pretty big...check out some of what’s available here: Auto-Flower Collection Archives -

12. It was pretty frickin awesome to grow right out in the open but, after seeing what I can do indoors, the OD will stay on the back burner for some years to come I think.

Do the autos have to go the entire season like the photos?

13. No, they veg a few weeks and start flowering (not related to day/night length), go about 3-4 months total.

14. So they could be outside and be ready for harvest prior to the rains and moisture coming?

15. Yep, that’s why they work well here. Start them inside, put out when no frost risk, harvest them in july/aug.. not gonna get trees...

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Outstanding, my friend! Thank you for sharing that knowledge!!

I'll put at least one plant outside next season then. I have an upper deck that gets perfect sunrise to noon sun. I won't need the sentry sleeping with them up there, LOL.

Had the ones I grew this year been autos, they'd have been harvested in August with no problems whatsoever. :rolleyes: Now I know...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Here's the Mount Hood Magic, dried, stems removed and buds transferred into a 20 quart air tight container to start the curing process.

This weighed out to 1 lb 7.5 oz.
    20181018_125541.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. When you get a chance, please explain your curing process in those ginormous quart jars...