1st outdoor grow journal any suggestions/tips would be great!

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by stanky1234, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Hellllooo everyone!! I been around the forms doing research and online about going outdoor/guerilla style grow for sometime now..I love this forum tho! Deff my favorite..got some good help from some great people! And before I start I would just like to thank everyone for taking the time to read newbies (like me lol) questions and answering us that's amazing and thank you for spreading your knowledge! So here I go lol I been reading about growing outdoors and don't have any of my own property to do it on so decided to go guerilla and find 3 different spots with 2 or 3 plants in each place. I found 1 spit so far and still scouting for the others but I have 10 seeds total I picked up from a reliable site I have 6 special kush #1 , 3 Afghan skunk, and 1 super cheese all fem that I'm going to start germinting in the next few days by putting them in a glass of distilled water then placing them in jiffy pellets with a humidity dome...I mix up my soil today but need to add about 1.5 cf more ewc the bagged manures I got were mostly bark so I was only able to use a bag of it with the ewc I already had but here's my soil mix I followed off the organic soil mix for beginners...
    3.0 cf bail s.peat moss (I'm adding 1 more cf tomorrow)
    1 cf bagged ewc I bought
    1.5 bagged compost/manure
    2.0 cf bag of perlite
    2.0 cf bag of cocoa shell mulch
    So I'll have 4 cf peat moss
    4 cf ewc mix with some bagged compost/manure
    4 cf aeration/drainage cocoa mulch and perlite
    And my ammendments are
    Alfalfa meal
    Crab meal
    Espoma tomato tone (dry fert)
    Kelp meal
    Lime
    Espoma garden gypsum
    Cascades rock minerals soil booster (derived from basalts) seemed ok and all I could get but has alot of good stuff in it lol
    alittle espum salts
    Hoffmans super manure ( poultry manure )
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    So me and my girl laid down a tarp in the back yard and broke up the 3 cf peat moss bail and added the perlite & cocoa shell mulch and then added bagged compost and manure and bagged ewc got a few different kinds for diversity and the Hoffmans super manure
    But when I went inside for a bathroom break I told my girl I figured out it should be about 12 cf of soil and I was doing 2.5 cups of the ammendments mix per cf so that would be a total of 30 cups and told her to do 1 cup of each ammendment except the kelp which is 2 cups ( following itg organic soil mix for beginners) and when I came back out she said the ammendment mix was done and she was mixing it in so I was asking her about the ammendment mix and she basically said she counted each cup she put in as 1 cup and 2 of kelp but then she stopped at 30 cups and just dumped it in and mixed it..so she didn't use 30 cups of the ammendments mix she just put 1 cup of each ammendment and 2 of kelp and repeated doing that till she counted 30 cups and put that in my mix and I explained how u were suppose to do 1 cup each ammendment and 2 cups kelp fill the 5 gallon bucked then measure out 30 cups of the mix. so if anyone could give me a tip how to fix this that would be great...I was thinking about mixing up the ammendments and putting 10 more cups in the right way what do you guys think??? Lol Any help would he great! I guess I didn't explain it the right way to her and got there 30 seconds to late lol but hey atleast she was trying to help right? Lol then I added just 3 cups of espum salts to the mix wasn't sure if I should add any more?? And also did 12 cups of lime following ITGS recipe saying 1 cup every cf. But I'll be keeping this log updated more pics of spots and holes I'm digging will be up shortly and also going to dig probly 2 ft by 2 ft by 2 ft hole but loosing 1 ft of the soil in bottom of my holes then adding my mix and in also going to veg inside for atleast a month maybe 1 and half - 2 months then transplant to my holes and my soil mix and I plan on using garden tween and bigger sticks to make little fencing around them to protect from deer and rabbits and not sure if I'm going to top them or just tie them down? Might try doing both lol but any help at all or tips would be amazing thanks guys! And here's a pick of my soil mixed so far after I watered it down with the hose and alittle rain helped lol. Covered it with a 2nd tarp and I will be letting it "cook" for about 5 weeks ..so once again any tips/help would be great! Thanks guys!![​IMG][​IMG]and was thinking about getting some of this bumper crop stuff just incase anyone ever see or use these stuff? It looks like it's got great stuff in it and only 20 bucks lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  2. And thank god I put that other tarp over my soil mix just got some rain and crazzzyyy hail! Check it out over the pool cover in the back yard! I'll go out and get the hail off the tarp covering it lol [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Hey buddy I found it, I wish I could give some advice for the amendments but im lost..

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 stanky1234, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    Thanks man and yea she did 1 cup of each ammendment and 2 cups kelp and from what I understand she did that in order until she put 30 cups of ammendments in the bucket so it wasn't like she just filled the bucket doing equal parts and double kelp she just did 1 cup tomatoe tone,1 cup alfalfa,1 cup crab shell,1 cup cup gypsum,1 cup rock mineral, 2 cups kelp and did that until she reached 30 cups instead if just filling the bucket and taking 30 cups of total ammendment mix... I need to add 7.5 more cups of ammendment mix anyway so I'm thinking about just adding alil more total ammendment mix like 12 cups to try to fix it?

• Like Like x 2
  5. I'll let it cook for 5 or 6 weeks just incase it's to hot. .I'm just worried about not having enough

• Like Like x 3
  6. So I still needed about 2 more cf of compost to add to my mix cause my bagged compost and manure were mostly bark so I went to a local landscaping/garden place and got 1 cf of screened organic compost and I got a bag of mushroom soil ( the lady at this garden store said it's mushroom compost which I heard is a decent compost for my plants) and got 9 more lbs of bagged ewc..2 different kinds for diversity and another 5 pound bag of Hoffmans super poultry manure and another 2cf bag of cocoa mulch which I'm going to add alittle more then half cause I saved some of my perlite out of a 2 cf bag..so figured alittle more then half would be about 1.25 cf so after I mix this up with my mix I did yesturday.. I'll have the 3 cf bagged of compressed peat moss broke up and moistened so about 5 cf then I'll have about 5 cf of perlite/cocoa shell mulch mixed for aeration/drainage.. and a mix of bagged manure and compost (the 1 bag that wasn't mostly bark lol) 23 pounds of bagged ewc, 10 pounds of Hoffmans super poultry manure, 1 cf of screened compost and 1 bag of the mushroom soil so about 5 cf of compost/ewc...and to fix the ammendments mix my girl did yesturday and plus the 7.5 cups I need to add due to the extra 3 cf of my mix (2.5 cups per cf) but to fix what my girl did I figured I would add 12 more cups of my ammendments mix and let cycle 5 to 6 weeks incase it's to hot..I just didn't want to have not enough amendment

• Like Like x 2
  7. [​IMG]what I'm adding in now..about 2 cf of screened compost/mushroom soil - compost and ewc [​IMG] mix now bout about 2 cf short in compost

• Like Like x 3
  8. I just spent the last hour figuring out exactly what my girl did in the 5 minutes I was i went in the house lol and did some research and found a recipe on another site to a similar mix but this 1 calls for a 1/2 cup each ammendment per cf..anyone ever see any soil mix recipe like this? I figured out that she did 5 cups each of espoma tomato tone (dry fert) 5 cups crab meal, 5 cups alfalfa meal, 5 cups rock mineral, about 11 cups kelp meal (there was only a cup left in the bag so we thru that in) I told her to go light on the gypsum (wasn't sure if I needed it) so 2 cups of that total, and 2 cups espum salt..so tomorrow I'm goin to do 1 cup each ammendment 2 cups kelp meal mix in 5 gallon bucket and put about 10-12 cups of the ammendments mix into my soil mix. I was short 7 cups since I didn't know my 3.0 bail of peat moss would expand to about 5 cf so I made my new measurements. 5 cf peat moss, 5 cf aeration/drainage, and my compost/ewc/manure compost/mushroom soil (mushroom compost) came alittle short to about 4.5 cf...so if I did my ammendments mix 2.5 cups per cf (roughly 15 cf alittle less) would be 37 cups of the total ammendment mix but since my girl did 5 cups alfalfa meal, 5 cups rock mineral, 5 cups tomato tone, 5 cups crab meal, 2cups gypsum and 2 cups espum salts.. I'm hopeing 10 more cups of total ammendment mix will fix my girls error...and sorry posts are so long I'm just trying to explain in as much detail as I could so maybe someone can help me out with some advice/tips...thanks again guys! And here's a pic of my seeds I'm about to germainte :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thats a big ol pile of dirt ya got there lol, are you packing it into the plots?

Definitely let the soil cook for awhile, I got antsy and used some early last year and I burnt up a few babies, I think youll probably be good with ammendments after adding a few more cups, imo id rather a bit light on nutes then too hot, its easy to mix a tea if you need an extra boost.. not so easy to take em out after.

And some nice seeds man, I gotta get myself a cheese to try for once on day.

• Like Like x 2
  11. #11 stanky1234, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Yea very true buddy very true...I calculated wrong cause I didn't know the 3.0 bail of peat moss would expand to about 5 after being broken up and wet so I I added about 4.5 cf of compost/manure/ewc then I added in 5 cf of perlite/ cocoa shell (I still have alittle less then a half bag left which I might mix in my dr.earth seed starter mix) and 5 cups each of the ammendments and 11 cups kelp, 2 -2 and half cups gypsum (wasn't sure if I really needed it but decided to throw some in) but was still 7 cups short of the mix due to the peat moss being 5 cf and adding in more aeration and compost..so I was thinking of just adding in 10 or 11 more cups of the ammendment mix..oh and I added in 2 cups of espum salts I had laying around...that sound like a soil plan?? I'll have about 15 cf of soil but I'm goin to let it cook for 5 to 6 weeks on the tarp (with another tarp covering it and rocks on the sides to hold the tarp down so my dog won't scratch it up lol) then after that im going to load it in trash bags and haul to to my holes and loosen the bottom 1ft of my holes then fill in the mix sound like a good plan? It'll be some work but I think it'll work out..oh and I only added 12 cups of lime ro the mix but I read 1 cup per cf so I think I need 3 more cups? And u think just loosening the soil at the bottom of my holes will be ok?? Thabks again bro!

• Like Like x 1
  12. And I got my seed from gorilla. ..there great and give out freebies!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nice man, definitely add the lime, and I think your right about the extra cups to add, you got this bro, your gonna have a killer batch of soil.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks man! I just got outta work and dropped my pain in the ass girl off at her house so I'm about to go out to my soil...I'm goin to add 2 or 3 more cups of my calatic lime right on my pile or in my ammendment mix (not sure yet) and put 1 cup alfalfa meal,1 cup tomatoe tone,1 cup crab meal, 1/2 cup gypsum, 2 cups kelp, 1 cup rock mineral dust and rhe add 10 cups of this mix or I'm going to just add 3 more cups of ammendment and 6 cups kelp so that'd be roughly 7 -8 cups each ammendment and 17 cups total of kelp... not sure which 1 would be best cause of my girl adding roughly 5 cups each ammendment and 11 cups kelp..I seen that recipe for 1/2 cup each ammendment per cf so not sure if I should follow that or just add 10 or 11 cups of my ammendments mixed up in a bucket?

• Like Like x 1
  15. I think I'm just goin to add 3 more cups each ammendment so it'll give me 8 cups tomato tone,8 cups rock mineral, 8 cups crab meal, 8 cups alfalfa meal, and 16 cups kelp meal with 4 cups total gypsum so rhats would b roughly 1/2 cup each ammendment per cf except gypsum ( would be less) and about 1 cup kelp meal per cf and 13 cups calcitic lime

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sounds like a solid plan, get er done and start the cooking

• Like Like x 2
  17. Got it done my friend! Added alittle bit more water outta the house mixed it up with a yard ho and now it'll cook for 5 weeks maybe 6 :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Next week im going to put my seeds in a glass of spring water and wait about 2 days or so then put them in my jiffy pellets under a humidity dome on my back porch :) I'm pumped!

• Like Like x 1
  19. How do you germinate your seeds buddy??

20. Time is coming for sure, ill get mine started about 4/20, maybe a grape kush before then so I can get a couple clones

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk