1st official grow - cabinet, soil, cfl

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PhL0aTeR, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Hey i have the exact cabinet as you and i am trying to figure out away to make the light not be shining through. How did you get yours so perfect????

2. #82 PhL0aTeR, Nov 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2008

you need to give me more info..... where is the light shining through?

EDIT: Just got back from checking out your cab design thread and it looks like you have a gap about the same size as mine, and as rich said, weather stripping FTW

[​IMG]

The weather stripping shown there is a dense type. I ran that around every edge the door came into contact with. I also ran it along the length of one of the doors so the doors kinda sandwich the weather stripping between it when it shuts.

Hopefully that answered your question.

3. weather stripping and caulking are the two best things imo for light leaks.

4. minor setback type of update.... the better half got some bad info on growing so the seeds we had planted are no more. We're back on track and have 5 seeds germinating in some damp paper towels in a dark place.

5. sorry to hear about the mishap with the seeds but glad that things are back on track. how many plants do you plan to grow in there?

6. ideally, 4 in various stages of maturity. right now? whatever i can get.... lol.... the 2 she planted were totally duds, even if they were planted properly they wouldn't have done anything.

7. Quote who you are replying to please.... otherwise i have no idea what you are adding to the discussion....

8. cant wait to see things on the go! i think this will be a good thread, i like how you make everything look so easy haha

9. Thanks... Building this cab is probably more than half the fun.... lol

10. haha yeah i agree i just wish i had more room to play with!
    do you know how much everything cost from scratch?

11. yep, go back to page one.....

12. any new updates?

13. yea.... none of our seeds are germin..... just tossed out the ones we had sittin there for a couple days and replaced em with new ones... hopefully we just had a bad handful there and these will be better

14. are you keeping them warm while germinating?

15. yeah, i actually have them inside the grow cab with lights on and everything, 80 during the day, 70 at night... we had them in a bowl between layers of damp paper towels, and that bowl was wrapped in a dark brown bath towel to keep it dark. these new set of seeds got a dose of filing with a nail file (a tip she read on here somewhere) to aid in cracking.

16. :hello: impressive operation... keep the flicks coming !

17. well we finally got one to crack.....

[​IMG]

Gonna let it go for another day or so before we put it in the dirt.

18. My little trooper is going strong and we planted her (hopefully its a 'she' lol) this morning. The other ones still had no signs of activity, but i decided to re-wet the towels and have another couple days to be sure.... at this point we only really have one hope, then i gotta find more seeds to waste. :rolleyes:

19. Hey PhL0aTeR you are very talented, and in fact are an Arteeest [artist pronounced with the eest]. Great grow box. I will be watching.