1st micro grow [help]

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by smokingdeluxe420, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Hello guys, first post here.
    I'm looking for some help regarding my micro grow setup, if anyone could help i would be grateful. I have grown outdoors before but indoors this is my first grow.

So, my setup atm is:
    grow tent with 60x40x60cm dimensions (23.6x15.7x23.6 inches), exhaust fan with charcoal filter at the end, marshydro led 240w, fan to circulate air, passive intake.

i have some feminized indica seeds, regular not autoflowering, i will be growing in soil, and i will probably top or train it so it doesn't reach the top. I'm aware that for that to happen i cant give them too much weeks of flowering. So far so good, however I still have doubts about the pot size. What's pot size should i use,
    taking into account that my height from bottom to led is about 45cm (17.7inches). 1 gal or even less ? And should i grow just one seed or two ? I was thinking just one, and probably that's the best option i have, so I don't fuck up.. xD

:thankyou:

2. For one plant, I would germinate two or three seeds, then pick the best plant once they are a few weeks old.

Seeds aren't 100% germination and sometimes they can have genetic defects. Like a litter of dogs they could have different genetic traits, so seeding more than one allows you to get the pick of the litter so to speak.

3. Hey dude, welcome to GC!
    I’m a micro grower and am just about to finish up my first run so can hopefully lend some advice.

Firstly is the light true 240w? If so you may need to dim it if possible as that may be a lot of light for a micro grow.

Good work on the seed selection, you want to keep the length of veg very short and do plenty of training. When the box is just under half full then flip to flower. It is the length of the veg state and size of plant pre flower that might make you out grow your space. You can top plus LST and defoliate large fan leaves, try to be selective of the branches you keep that will be your end buds.

In terms of pot size sorry but I can’t confidently answer that one. You could start small and transplant up as needed perhaps?

I would go with 1 seed then you only have 1 plant to worry about. It does put all your eggs in one basket so if it goes wrong you have to start from scratch but hopefully you have the time for that.

I ran an auto fem in an 1.5L pot and didn’t fill my case so will be going up to 3.8L pot next time round and that is still under a gallon.

I have a thread if you’re interested to see how my 1st micro grow went

First Stealth PC Micro Grow - Support Me Please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks for the tip my dude. Already experienced that in a outdoor grow, two frisian dew, one short and bushy and the other one twice its size. lol However, I cant afford to do that, purchased some seeds that weren't exactly cheap imo. Also I'm not in a rush, its my first indoor grow, I will probably mess up somewhere and start again..

Hello there Rathian. Thanks for the welcome. So i searched online and it says:

240W LED with 101W True Watt
    Bloom:36.5W
    Veg: 64.6W

What do you think ? I bough it with the purpose of building a spacebucket, but then left that idea behind..

Yeh, I will probably be doing that if need. think I'm going for a 1 gal pot and then switch to 2 gal pot if needed.

I will check it thanks dude. I have bough 2 quick critical + (dinafem) and 3 dos si dos 33 (barneys farm), not sure which one to try first..

5. Hey man! You have I think about 2sq foot so your light should be fine at 100w. Just keep an eye on the plants and distance appropriately if they look like they are exhibiting light stress.

6. Did you decide what strain to go with first? I am growing a BCN critical XCL which is a Critical + hybrid. Seems to have done well on the micro front so maybe the Critical + you have?

7. 92w cfl grow 2ftx1.5ftx1.5ft 2nd week of flower looking OK guys? :weed:

Attached Files: