1St Legit Grow: Afghan Kush Ryder, Vanilla Kush, Others (Outdoor)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SUPERHAZE, Jun 7, 2013.

1.             Hey everyone. This is really my second grow but my last ones weren't protected enough. But this time, i'm putting more money and effort into it because i ordered some seeds from Attitude. Heres all the seeds i have including the freebies:

- (8) World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder
    - (5) Barneys Farm Vanilla Kush
    - (1) Barneys Farm Pineapple Chunk
    - (1) World of Seeds Northern Lights X Skunk
    - (1) World of Seeds Pakistan Valley
    - (1) Samsara Seeds Crazy Miss Hyde ( I dont know wtf this is, never heard of it, if 
            you have any knowledge on this strain let me know pls )
    \n\nThe AKR's and the Vanilla Kush are really the foundation of my grow. The others were freebies and ill be taking care of them but my attention will mainly be focused on the AKR and VK.
    \nI started to germinate 4 AKR, 3 VK, the Pineapple Chunk (PC), and the Pakistan Valley. (Wet Paper Towel method) 

My seed starter soil is:  3 parts Fox Farm Light Warrior
                                         3 parts Wiggle Worm brand worm castings
                                         1 part vermiculite 

So can i get some feedback? I am a complete amateur at growing and any info would be great so i could become good growers like you guys one day,hopefully. Is this starter soil ok? Its based of "Dankohzee's Ultimate Seed-Starting Mix" which is on the grasscity forum. More info coming soon!

\n 

2. Anything break soil yet? Nothing to leave feedback on yet  ;)

3. Yeah 2 AKRs and the PC and PV sprouted. Unfortunately I have to grow them in the Window until I get them outside, so there stretching. The PV and PC are about 1 1/2˝ tall.

4. I plan to let them sit outside tomorrow for about 4-5 hours because its supposed to be sunny and i might go get my outside grow area ready. I have some questions about my fertilizer though. I wasnt planning on organics but if i do go organics, does that mean all i have to do is water? and what would be a easy, fast , good organic combination to get me through veg and flower stages? i dont know much,sorry, but i cant find answers for alot of my questions. Are compost teas for hydro only? and do i really have to cook my soil if i go organic because thats not a option. Sub- Cools super soil looks good and all but i dont have time to cook my soil. im looking for simple organics here!! im so confused

5. You can start a worm bin and just use the juice for that, mix with water and feed your plants that. Also some liquid kelp and other organic materials work well to enhance the tea.
    I see a lot of people going all out on the tea but I like to keep things simple.

6. #6 Cannabis Hemp, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013

hi there SH

if you are running with organics it helps to have various supplements, I do not use many/any purchased supplements, but i do just make botanical teas and topdress compost materials.  Having a worm bin does help tremendously, basically any rich/diverse/well made compot will have a worm population and can serve for this function so ordering a yard or more of organic compost could be useful (to extract the worms into bins and make your own organic compost).

If you don't have time to make soil, mix a smaller amount of your fertilizer in when you are transplanting and plan to add more to the surface as they are growing when you water.  Add things into your soil and compost bin that do not take a long time to break down, such as organic boxed fertilizers (organic soybean meal, alfalfa meal, crab shell kelp meal etc.) and after about a week the materials will be ready for use. This is a very quantity-sensitive matter so don't over do it and keep up with weekly compost/fertilizer top-dressings if you go that route.

also i like to sow the surface of my soils with micro-clovers, rye grass, alfalfa and camelina, just random wild plants and legumes, to fix nitrogen and stabilize the soil

hth

ch

7.          hey guys thanks for the response but i shouldve mentioned earlier that this is a stealth grow and i live with my parents (im pretty young by the way just turned 18). ive read about compost bins and would like to do it but i just don't have the time and it would be suspicious. anything store bought is a option though. but yeah Cannabis Hemp, your idea of mixing it in with my soil and putting some on top sounds like what i need to do. but what would be a good diet? (trust me, i researched some of this but alot of it seemed to advanced) could i do bat guano and worm castings for veg then switch to bone meal and something else (greensand, kelpmeal) for flower? 

Anyways about my grow so far. only 1 more AKR sprouted. I put them outside for a little while earlier so they could get soak up some sun. Im still waiting for the 3 VK's to break soil. Is there a way to upload pictures directly from my smartphone?

8. 1370999506973.jpg Here's a picture of my seedlings in my Window. Not much to look at, I know, but just figured I might as well give you a Idea of how much there stretching.
    So far the pineapple chunk is winning with leaf size. As soon as I get them outside they'll take off, just like Last year.

9. They aren't getting enough light. They're stretching. Just a thought.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I already know there stretching. The same thing happened last year but once they got outside they evened out and corrected there selves.

11. Agreed, nothing to worry about you can always build the dirt up around it as well and if they get too lanky you can always stake it.

12. Looking good though. Always curious to see how they come out.

13. Hey everyone. I'm going to plant those seedlings in a couple days. Should've done it already but I've had trouble with my car and stuff. But yeah what do you think of Roots organic soil mixed in with 20% worm castings for added N and then some perlite? I've read that Roots organic soil is heavy and I already know castings are. Then use Maxicrop Fish liquid for my main veg supplement? Get back ASAP please!