1st LED Grow: HLG QB120 in 3K

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MomOnTheRun, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Day 86 from clone; 77 from final pot; Day 39 light flip; 190 days total
    July 30th (13).jpg July 30th (15).jpg July 30th (17).jpg

Rockin' right along :smiley-rolling-joint:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hey Mom on the Run
    how you doing plant you're looking really good...
    still just doing a great job.
    I think I remember reading that you're in Alaska. I got to ask you one question how come you don't grow outside in the summertime in Alaska? I've read lots of good things about growing cannabis in Alaska in the summertime?

sent sitting in my garden

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I am doing great....starting to get ready for the winter now that the boys will be back in school in 15 days and approaching our rainy season. Thanks for asking :p

Yup! Cool weather crops and some auto's do exceptionally well here..."hot" season crops not so much without a greenhouse or hoop tunnel. After last years almost non stop down pour, I said I wasn't going to put any outside this year and I was going to shut down my cabinets for the summer though because of most of what I do tends to be on a whim, that quickly changed lol

I am documenting the outside auto's in my light comparative (Cackleberry) thread but here they are as of last night........
    July 27th out (6).jpg
    July 30th (1).jpg July 30th (2).jpg July 30th (3).jpg
    Only 1 of the 2 BD's made it and really don't like the cooler weather being on day 53 (BS) and 55 (BD; TC).......still growing and looking decent though will have to come inside soon if I am going to get anything from them

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alright you get a lot of rain up there depending I guess where you're at in Alaska but right that's like a what a temperate rainforest or something like that what they call that up that way special on a coastline right. I bet you get a lot of rain and it's hard to grow.... a lot of mold outside. Right hoop house or Greenhouse or some kind of roof over top of it to keep the rain off even if it was open-sided like a lean-to top.
    Well make since MOTR.
    I guess it would be nice to have a sunroom on a house up there then you could grow year-round.

Rambling now...I've always wanted to live up there... I went up there in 74 my dad took us up he drove us up from Michigan with a pickup truck and a travel trailer. we stayed in Nenana Upon on the Tanner River 30 miles Northwest of Fairbanks the old man was moose hunting for 2 weeks we stayed up there for a month. I was 10 and It was awesome

5. Yes, it does depend where your at in Ak......the land area is 3 times the size of Texas so even though its a huge state, we have ~700,000 people at any given time...... Where Tbone is at, it is very much a rain forest, where Organicsinse is at it is considered bear country with temperate weather and where I am at (just 45 min north to OS) nestled in a valley is considered Ak's playground with many micro climates that range from rain forest to desert depending where in the valley your located....elevation matters lol

Yup!

It so would and am envious of those that have them.... my home is built like a box on almost 2 acres that is elongated like a rectangle sooooo I have 2 choices to get the most sun: expand my living room (facing south) and lose ~3-4' between my property and my neighbors fence/property line or punch a door at the end of my hallway (facing east) taking out 2 closets from 2 rooms on either side in the process......either choice is a major renovation and not feasible on my income (SSI) so I just do what I can....it would be nice to take advantage of what sun I do get as we are losing ~a minute a day atm.

I know a minute a day doesn't sound like much but its accumulative. For example, come summer solstice, I get ~20 hrs daylight and winter solstice only ~4 hrs....currently at ~17 hrs so you could say, we are on our last hurrah of the year before it gets and stays mostly gloomy and overcast in my area until ~March though breakup isn't til ~April on average

Sounds like he was checking out the lay of the land as about that time, there was a campaign for farmers to come up and cultivate..... Nikiski, Wasilla, Palmer and Fairbanks was chosen to basically give away several 20-40 acre parcels. Whelp, people came in droves so the state resorted to lottery based drawings to divvy up the last 10,000 or so acres....many left and most of those that stayed ended up getting employment in oil, fishing, trucking and construction.

Anyways, its beautiful up there and love to visit every once in awhile though their winters are ~30° colder but that much warmer in the summers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wow !

• Like Like x 1
  7. Day 89 from clone; 80 from final pot; Day 42 light flip; 193 days total
    August 3rd (14).jpg August 3rd (9).jpg August 3rd (10).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Day 90 from clone; 81 from final pot; Day 43 light flip; 194 days total
    August 4th (1).jpg
    August 4th (2).jpg August 4th (3).jpg
    August 4th (5).jpg August 4th (6).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Day 91 from clone; 82 from final pot; Day 44 light flip; 195 days total
    August 5th (1).jpg August 5th (2).jpg August 5th (4).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Day 92 from clone; 83 from final pot; Day 45 light flip; 196 days total
    August 6th (12).jpg August 6th (13).jpg August 6th (15).jpg

Getting closer...... appearing to be swelling :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Day 93 from clone; 84 from final pot; Day 46 light flip; 197 days total
    August 7th (1).jpg August 7th (2).jpg August 7th (3).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Day 94 from clone; 85 from final pot; Day 47 light flip; 198 days total
    August 8th (7).jpg August 8th (8).jpg August 8th (9).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Looking good.

I finished the othrr day.
    Got all the outside grow done.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks! I think I lost a lot of people looking at this journal seeing how its now been ~7 months for just these 2 strains so I mapped out my winter theme grows to do perpetual with some dwc.....if I can pull it off, i'll have 21 strains done in ~8 months so it'll go a lot faster :p

I saw that and figured you would be in trim jail for a bit with all those gorgeous ladies needing your attention

15. Day 95 from clone; 86 from final pot; Day 48 light flip; 199 days total
    August 9th (4).jpg August 9th (5).jpg August 9th (6).jpg

PN is thirstier than NG so I examined the water line for the blumats.... hers was getting a clog from the Megacrop nutes in spite of having a paint filter in the reservoir so I dumped it, cleaned out the line and refilled with plain water.

It was time anyway seeing how they have ~2-3 wks left.....the MC served its purpose in kicking off this new soil mix which will rest til ~Nov-ish to let the microbes build

16. Day 97 from clone; 88 from final pot; Day 50 light flip; 201 days total
    August 11th (9).jpg August 11th (10).jpg August 11th (11).jpg

Guess its NG's turn to be thirsty or she just didn't like me replacing the tarp "wall" with a piece of sheathing.....after the weekend, I will finally finish this cabinet and add on a shelf to the side to set the blumat reservoir on instead of letting it hang and possibly have the handle snap again.....i'll probably lose pressure in the upper cabinet so it'll be a great time to play with DWC ;)

In the meantime, I am having a blast at the High Times Cannabis Cup! The weather could be better though the site is beautiful
    20180811_112543.jpg

Since everyone I know irl is busy this weekend, I signed up to volunteer to go both days for a complete experience....10 hrs of volunteering in exchange for admission and parking is pretty fair. I couldn't have gotten a better position if I tried....Vip Area!

As soon as people arrived they immediately started toking up. After ~40 people entering, I started to get a contact high; after ~100 people I knew I was high breathing in everyone's smoke so the thirstier I got, the more I offered water.....no one went without lol Reminded me of my waitress days and that I am not that young anymore - I couldn't do it on a long term basis as after 5.5 hrs yesterday, I am very sore and can barely move....a hot bath, a bowl I was gifted and canna pain cream to the rescue!

Hopefully they put me back there this evening :p

17. Alright. I can barely move today so no pics of the grow however, I did write up about my High Times Cannabis Cup experience instead..........

It all started last Tuesday when I tried to purchase tickets online for the discounted deal that refused to go through. Turns out my bank suspended my account due to unusual activity...looked in my purse for my wallet- missing! Luckily, who ever is in possession of it was unable to make any purchases. Anyway, got that all straightened out and left with a temporary debit card for ATM's ....I then went on FB to see if I could purchase any in town - no such luck :cry:However, I did see they were looking for volunteers so I figured why not? I got half way through the application when I realized they wanted a $40.00 deposit that would be forfeited if 10 hrs wasn't completed. I gone ahead and decided to just purchase the tickets at the "door".....what will be, will be.

Low and behold, the Gods were smiling upon me because on Friday morning, I received an email from HT's waiving the deposit!! :rave-girl:Within 2 hrs of finalizing the application, I received the hours they wanted me to work......
    Untitled-1.jpg
    Having no idea of what to expect nor what I would be doing, I took the plunge anyway especially after hearing that several of their crew and a couple bands were stuck in Seattle thanks to an Ak Airlines mechanic (former Alaskan) that stole an empty turbo prop plane taking it towards the Olympics then wanted to do a barrel roll eventually crashing into the Puget Sound.

Arriving on the 1st day of the 1st shift, the parking lot attendants weren't sure who was able to park in the exhibitor area so had me go through to see if I was directed to general parking....the email said volunteers had to pay the 15.00 parking per day/25.00 parking for the weekend but I wasn't about to argue with the dude. Needless to say, I got free parking to boot :yay:

As it turns out, I was among 4 that were selected for the VIP area :p We were told to be friendly, help keep the place tidy and answer questions like where everything is, concert start times etc...No problem-o! 30 minutes later, people started arriving with several coming directly into the restricted area and immediately started toking up
    20180811_135135.jpg 20180811_161028.jpg 20180812_154527.jpg

Alaskan's know how to smoke! Instead of standing around, I decided to grab a couple water bottles in each hand and offer them to everyone using them to keep the beat of the music playing....the thirstier I got, the more I passed out water lol Needless to say, I was really high by the end of my shift so I took the opportunity to look around at all the vendor booths.....expensive merchandise with several displays of product they were unable to sell as AMCO sent this out the day before
    39008923_1798040053599029_5045548092657500160_n.jpg

Thats right, a big FU! Though thats ok, there was plenty of everything to keep everyone as high as they wanted to be with lots of samples to take home from those generous bringing in the allowed ounce to have in possession and gifted.....no one received the potential 100.00 fine for public consumption though several went above and beyond trying to get one lol I think the best group sessions were the Dabstars limo..........

20180812_145116.jpg 20180812_145121.jpg 20180812_145218.jpg
    Can't make it out very well but that is a leaf blower with an attached bong stem filled with a lb of flower that they lit with a portable welding torch to hotbox up to 8 passengers and 2 "drivers" Several bong stems were broke getting too hot though thats ok as the local glass blowers made sure they had plenty with several more donations from the public to keep it going......... 12 lbs per day :eek:

I made it back to my van a couple hrs later and several phone calls from the boys asking when I was coming home.....still too high to comfortably drive so I kicked back and listened to the live music for another hour. On my way out, I saw a dude standing at the end of his driveway screaming at the cars to slow down though I think the fastest any of us were going was 20mph in a 25mph zone........ Anyway, once I was home, I consumed a couple of the gummy's and toked on some flower i was gifted as "tips" then came online to see if I missed anything. Whelp turned out that dude in his driveway was later accompanied by his wife yelling, throwing tacks at vehicles and even made a sign to block the road :devilish:

18. Day 2
    I wasn't sure if I should press my luck by going a 2nd day for the later shift but I was obligated to finish the hours I agreed to volunteer so onward I went. The sign was still there though on the couples property
    39043751_252496328919190_9168488466550358016_n.jpg

There were a lot less people as comments on FB were made on how expensive it is, bands didn't appear as advertised though were compensated with a free VIP entry for the next day, the couple being assholes and the weather sending 70mph winds through the golf course toppling over several tents and still threatening to sour.
    38963591_298406934257381_2828197803631575040_n.jpg 20180812_163143.jpg 20180812_163116.jpg

Thats ok as it made for a better time with several going down the 200' waterslide......
    20180812_152150.jpg

Unfortunately, I saw people going down it at a distance though there are several video's on ACR, local dispensaries and HT's pages. I didn't get as high as I did Saturday though still had lots of fun being visited by local rising stars....
    20180812_164657.jpg 20180812_181503.jpg 20180812_203949.jpg 39119008_2103029069936673_3531869504353075200_n.jpg

There was even a marriage proposal! I didn't get any pics though I did take a 35sec video of the memorable event just not sure where/how to upload it so you too can see the awkwardness lol I left with just as much "tips" as I did on Saturday and my daughter is going to get some awesome schwag I managed to score for her since she is 4 months away from turning 21 so couldn't go
    20180812_220937.jpg

Next year is going to be even better! :yay:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Day 99 from clone; 90 from final pot; Day 52 light flip; 203 days total
    August 14th (7).jpg August 14th (8).jpg August 14th (9).jpg August 14th (10).jpg

PN is fading fast now and NG is shooting out new pistils....both have ~2wks left so tonight they are both getting a topdressing of steer manure, kelp, neem, biochar, comfrey, fishbone and gypsum to get the soil ready for the next round

20. Day 101 from clone; 92 from final pot; Day 54 light flip; 205 days total
    August 15th (4).jpg August 15th (5).jpg

• Like Like x 1