1st LED Grow: HLG QB120 in 3K

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MomOnTheRun, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Day 70 from clone; 61 from final pot; Day 23 light flip; 174 days total
    July 14th (9).jpg
    July 14th (10).jpg July 14th (11).jpg
    July 14th (13).jpg July 14th (14).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Day 71 from clone; 62 from final pot; Day 24 light flip; 175 days total
    July 16th (6).jpg
    July 16th (7).jpg July 16th (8).jpg
    July 16th (10).jpg July 16th (11).jpg

I will be pollinating a lower branch of each of these girls with regular and feminized pollen when lights come back on tonight :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. By the time the lights came back on to take pics, I was hurting too much so needless to say no one received pollination though this morning I noticed the reservoir was dry so I refilled it with 6grams Mega Crop and 3ml's 3% Hydrogen Peroxide per gallon of water.... hope they like it

Day 73 from clone; 64 from final pot; Day 26 light flip; 177 days total
    July 18th (1).jpg

July 18th (2).jpg July 18th (3).jpg

July 18th (5).jpg July 18th (6).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Your right on time moma
    Looking great

sent sitting in my garden

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Thanks!

The deed is done! I used SST (Sodium Silver Thiosulfate) feminized Purple Narwhal pollen with a few nanners on Purple Narwhal and Niceguy regular pollen mixed with toasted flour on Niceguy
    July 19th pollinate (1).jpg July 19th pollinate (4).jpg July 19th pollinate (5).jpg July 19th pollinate (2).jpg

The girls will be sprayed down in the morning just before lights off then when they "wake up" I will turn the fan back on :p

• Like Like x 3
  6. I am studying grafting. I some day will be growing a mother plant with many different branches of different stains growing from one root.

sent sitting in my garden

• Like Like x 3
  7. And I will be following :p I saw a post on here about it sometime over the winter - looked cool and a fantastic idea for those with plant counts :passing-joint:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Day 75 from clone; 66 from final pot; Day 28 light flip; 179 days total
    July 20th (1).jpg July 20th (3).jpg July 20th (5).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Day 76 from clone; 67 from final pot; Day 29 light flip; 180 days total
    July 21st pn ng (1).jpg
    July 21st pn ng (2).jpg July 21st pn ng (3).jpg
    July 21st pn ng (6).jpg July 21st pn ng (7).jpg

It appears PN took in the pollen though NG did not....probably too much toasted flour so I will dust NG again tonight
    July 21st pn ng (4).jpg July 21st pn ng (8).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. I forgot to update yesterday..... 2nd round of trying to pollinate NG with regular NG pollen mixed with toasted flour. This time, I dumped the pollen mix into a plastic baggie and enclosed the branch for 24 hrs
    July 22nd (11).jpg July 22nd (12).jpg
    We'll see if it took in a couple of days

Day 78 from clone; 69 from final pot; Day 31 light flip; 182 days total
    July 23rd (9).jpg July 23rd (10).jpg July 23rd (12).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Day 80 from clone; 71 from final pot; Day 33 light flip; 184 days total
    July 25th (12).jpg
    July 25th (13).jpg July 25th (14).jpg
    July 25th (16).jpg July 25th (17).jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Mom are you trying to make seeds?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yup! I collected the pollen a few months ago.....this is my 1st test with the STS (Silver Thiosulfate solution) pollen to see if its even viable as he/she didn't throw pollen like a male..... hoping for the best especially since this is a very limited release strain and I misplaced my remaining 2 seeds.

For future seed making, I want to keep it limited to my new small
    2' x1.5' x2' cabinet. To test it out, I have 4 CBD Lamb of God going in there now:
    July 25th (1).jpg
    Cute huh? They are 26 days old and on their 2nd day of light flip :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. WOW! They look fantastic! I find the whole pollinating thing fascinating especially as I'm trying to run away from pollen in my house it seems all this summer lol:hola: Aren't you worried about pollinating your other girls you have growing? What kind of physical separation do you have bewteen plants that are girls you are flowering indoors and girls/males you are cross pollinating indoors? Wondering about the safe distance you use, so interesting:hola: How many total plants do you have growing right now Mom?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thanks! My boys are too especially the tree pollen

Nope

My main grow is in my room.....no boys are allowed there and get chopped pretty quick. Over the winter, I set up a small homemade tent with a few 1x2's and mylar in my mud room to check out turning a few strains just so I don't have to buy the seeds again....this wasn't very effective as I was trying to turn several....some got pollinated though I didn't know what to what so I discarded them and decided to do 1 strain at a time seeing how I am getting more regular seeds than fem's.

So I set down a plan of keeping it to a micro grow....the intake and outake has a couple hepa pollen filters to limit pollen escaping......when moving pollen, every girl/potential girl nearby gets sprayed down with water.....same when pollinating except the target branch is covered so it stays dry then after I sleep a bit, they all get sprayed down again including the pollinated branch............. this is the best way I can think of to limit exposure - so far, so good

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Day 81 from clone; 72 from final pot; Day 34 light flip; 185 days total
    July 26th (1).jpg July 26th (2).jpg July 26th (5).jpg

PN is definitely pollinated though I am still not sure about NG.....time will tell.......
    July 26th (3).jpg July 26th (6).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Day 83 from clone; 74 from final pot; Day 36 light flip; 187 days total
    July 28th (12).jpg July 28th (13).jpg July 28th (15).jpg

I think I burnt them a bit when I added 6grams micro crop the the reservoir so I backed it down to 4grams and had to turn up PN's carrot a couple notches as she started to wilt but all is back to normal now :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fantastic! You amaze me :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Day 84 from clone; 75 from final pot; Day 37 light flip; 188 days total
    July 29th  (9).jpg
    July 29th  (10).jpg July 29th  (11).jpg
    July 29th  (13).jpg July 29th  (14).jpg

• Like Like x 2