1st journal - Cab/CFL/Soil/Bagseed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PhL0aTeR, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Not that i can remember.... except both times i forgot to presoak the plug so i carefully squirted the outside with a squirt bottle. and yeah, both my new ones are using the rapid rooter plugs with that new cloning gel, which the name escapes me right now....

2. I didn't have any luck with the RR plugs, but only tried once. I soaked them in Olivias and used Olivias cloning gel. I think my issue was not using a heat mat and spraying too often, my plugs seemed to wet when I pulled the plug on them.

I think next time I try I'm either going to just put them in my FFOF, or I've seen some clone just using perlite.

3. i think my main reason for trying the plugs is the hole is premade so theres nothing to scrape off the cloning stuff..... i still feel like shit... hopefully i havnt put any of my germs in there when ive let them air out

4. okie dokie...... another round of clones

I used only the smallest new growth i could find, and they were in cloning gel within 5 seconds of being cut.

[​IMG]

Thats #1 on the bottom, also the donor of all my new clones. she looks hacked to bits because she is :(

[​IMG]

And the main reason she is hacked to bits.....

[​IMG]

Tomorrow #5 gets switched over to HPS on a 12/12 schedule :D

5. subscribing

6. well, i suck at cloning... i thought one of them was going to take, but it is not showing any thoughts of rooting. at this point im going to be thinking about a different way to clone.... i may look into a bubble cloner or something similar, because this bullshit is frustrating.

#5 has been in a flowering cycle for about 5 days now, still growing like a weed, making me think i dont have anywhere near the room for her when she is fully matured...

#1 is chillin in the mother chamber, nothing new there...

7. sorry to hear about the clones.... I have yet to try again.

I think I'm going to attempt revegging one of my plants after harvest, and try to clone her....

8. Yeh Good look with your new cloning process, whichever you try, i been subscribed to this from the start, it looks great, alls good, nice work.

9. Alrighty.... im going to build a bubble cloner, just got back from walmart, might make a new post just for that to help some folks out, ill post up a link here when i get done....

10. i havent read up on how you did it, so sorry if this is no help, BUT many people make cloning harder than it really is. with all this fancy cloning equipment. ill tell you what this literally works for me 98 times out of 100

cup of soil, take clone (make sure its big enough) cut if off, stick it in a cup of water. immediatly. grab it back out and cut at a 45 degree angle. gently scrape some of the stem tissue off, you dont want to grind into it, just with your blade go up and down the stem where you cut the 45 degree angle and scrape a little of the tissue off. dip it in any rooting gel/powder (i used to buy clonex when i thought it was necessary) now i get the cheapest 4 dollar bottle of powder they have, anyway dip it back in the water, and into the powder. stick it in the pre made hole you had in the soil. and pack soil tightly around it. water it every day or two and it WILL root. may take 3-4 days, but ive seen them take 3 weeks.

11. ive tried a few diff techniques... so far none work 100%

but aside from all that i have new hope..... here is my new Bubble Cloner!!!!

12. I just spent an hour catching up on your grow here as well as your original thread detailing your cabinet work. Major props dude!! Keep up the good work!

Don't give up on cloning. Read the one-liner in my signature. The only way we learn is failure. You've got to keep trying! You'll get it :D

Your two females are looking fabulous!! I can't wait until the flowers start showing on them. They are so big already, but wait until they really get deep into flowering. They are going to EXPLODE with growth, it will be crazy.

Good luck! I'll be watching :D

13. yeah, my bubble cloner seems to be working a lot better than my other methods..... fingers crossed!

#5 is growing rapidly, been flowering for a week and is about to outgrow its area.... im thinking i need to start tying the branches down a bit.... ill get some pics when she wakes up...

14. Plants look awesome man keep it up.:D

15. Thanks! I plan on keeping it up for a long time! lol

alright everyone is awake.... lol..... first off.... #5

About a week into flowering.... its getting wayyyy too big.... still thinking about tying it down a bit... maybe some late in life LST type of shit...

[​IMG]

This pic isnt much better, but its better.... lol

[​IMG]

Next up is my mother/clone box... thats #1 on the bottom... i have some slowly dying clones from the last round in there as well

[​IMG]

Then is my wonderful looking clones in my bubble cloner on day 4....

[​IMG]

16. here is a few more pics of #5.... i took her outta the laundry room for a bit to do some work in there....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. those plants are looking very sexy!!! what size container do you have them in?

18. Thats a great lookin plant... nice job Phloater

19. equivalent-ish to 5 gallons (u can get em for free at walmart at the bakery section, just ask for the icing buckets)

thanks!

ty ty

I just finished up a nice vape session and headed to red lobster for the ole lady's birthday.... yall have a good one