1st Journal, Big Buddha Cheese

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by edwardvanhalen, Sep 11, 2009.

1. That is one good looking pot plant. The pattern on the fan leaves or rather the actual shape of the leaves is quite striking. Indica with an attitude.

2. Ive been reading books on cultivation like a mad man. Ican regurgitate a lot of info but Im sure Ill learn the most during this grow.;)

3. thanks alatar , yeah i love the way the leaves are shaped
    hey doc thanks for the kind comment, yeah the more you read the more you will learn, thats how i got my plants to grow and eventually harvest them
    im lucky i never had a failure since i started, except a male
    thanks guys, im gonna post some pics of the transplant

4. hey guys, thanks for all the compliments about my plant
    so i took my plant out of the cup to see how the roots are lookin and as you can see the roots were gettin cramped

so here are some pics of me transplanting my baby into her new home
    my girl took the pics so you can thank her for her great photography haha

i also added another cfl so i have 5 lights on her, heres the pics

Attached Files:

• 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      104.1 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      116 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      118 KB
      Views:
    • 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      81.9 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      74.8 KB
      Views:
  5. That leaves two flowering lights held in reserve, if I remember that earlier count correctly. Are you keeping those out because of temps?

I just noticed that broiler tray that the plant is sitting on. That works. It'll catch the runoff. That's assuming you get any runoff. I'm using Miracle-Gro soil as well, for the time being anyway. It's pretty dense stuff. I don't get any runoff. I guess if I really worked at it I could get some runoff, but I'd have to totally saturate that very dense soil to do so, and I don't think that would be a good idea. My intention is to start cutting my soil with perlite so that I'll be able to start getting pH readings on the runoff. I also think it's harder to gauge whether it is time to water when your using very dense soil. And using CFLs exacerbates the issue. CFLs don't burn off the surface water the way HIDs do. Waiting till the soil is dry up to your second knuckle when using CFLs means you are drying the soil out more thoroughly than if you were using a HID. These are the thimgs that the sight of that broiler tray bring to mind. :smoking:

6. I was just about to ask when you were repotting. Keep giving em that lovin

7. hey alatar whats up buddy,
    i have like 17 cfl lights , all the lights in their right now are for vegging except one
    so when i flower i will be using all flowering cfl's (2400k somewhere around there)
    i use a lot of flowering cfl's because i know that more light in the flowering period is a good thing
    haha yeah the broiler thing, your the first person to ever say anything about it haha
    yeah i thought it was a good idea , i use it for when i water
    we should talk a bit more about runoff and your soil cuz i could help you so message me cuz i dont wanna fill up this whole page, did you use perlite

8. hey doc , i was gonna repot today but i seen the roots last night and they were cramped so i didnt have anything else to do
    peace

9. well guys the transplant worked out good
    my baby's leaves are stickin almost straight up haha (not droopy)
    ill put some pics up later

10. hey kevin thanks for subscribing buddy
    i just thought of an idea cuz i think good when im on pain killers haha
    we should have a grow off and see whos plant grows healthier and whos is better
    which strain are you growin, are you growin cheese too

11. ok guys lets get some replys comin in here haha
    ok so i topped her last night and i bought a new bong yesterday
    thats about it , shes growin healthy
    peace

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      126.6 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      121.9 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      118 KB
      Views:
  12. Topped did you say? Ah, I was going to ask who cut the cheese. Never mind. :D

I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

Lookin' good, EV. Soon you're gonna have a two headed monster on your hands.

13. Haha thanks man. I'm gonna have more than two heads on this baby. I topped my last plant once and it had six main sites. I'm planning on topping this plant more than once to get a few more big ass bud sticks

14. anybody have any comments or anything
    does it look like a good topping
    i wanted to top more than once, and i was wondering when i should top more
    should i wait until i start flowering to start topping a couple more times
    thanks

15. I would definitely wait at least a week before topping again. Also, I would suggest doing all of your cutting before going into flower, or at least before the buds begin to form...
    Everything is looking pretty good, though; I love the faint purple color on the fan leaves. It's hard to tell whether it's just from the stem below, or what... Pretty dope
    Peace
    DM

Edit: How long until you plan on flowering?

16. hey thanks a lot man
    ok ill do my cuts before goin into flower
    when it was younger there was a lot of purple in the inner part of the leaves, but now its startin to go away
    i think it might be from the temp
    well i dont know when im gonna flower, i usually wait a month to flower but im gonna wait longer with this plant
    ill prolly wait till it gets almost a foot , but i dont know yet , so we will see
    peace

17. hi today is like day 18 or so and i gave her nutes yeserday so she is looking good

she really is taking off since being transplanted , shes growin fast
    i have one little brown spot on one of the leaves but that happened last time i used this soil on one of my bagseeds, but it didnt turn out to be a big problem
    just a little ph issue i guess , but ill get it fixxed
    peace

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      105.3 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      127.9 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      137.5 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      109.4 KB
      Views:
  18. Much better topping than my first attempt. She looks real compact which means youve taken great care of her.

19. thanks man i cant believe how healthy it is , i hope it keeps goin like this

20. so anybody else have any comments or anything, theres only a couple people subscribed to this thread and i want more haha
    thanks guys for givin me good feedback and lets get some more replies