1st indoor grow ever

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by R@nd0m3, Sep 8, 2016.

1. #1 R@nd0m3, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Hey all,
    Thanks for stopping by to check out my first grow journal, lets start with the setup. I am using a 2x2x6 indoor grow tent, for lights I am running a 150 watt HPS and 300 watt LED. I not sure if that amount of light is overkill I run the HPS 9 hours a day (because of heat issues)and the LED 18 hours, this gives the plant a 18/6 cycle. I am using seeds I found in a bag from my local dispensary, they are Blue Widow. When posting the age is 10 days since germination and 6 days since they broke soil. I am using distilled water PH 6.5 and only watering when the soil is dry like 1 knuckle deep Typically every day or 2. For soil I am using Fox Farm Ocean Forest, this way I do not have to mess with nutrients for 2-6 weeks (or so I read). I plan on transplanting from these 1 gallon plastic bags to 3 gallon "smart pots" once they have grown large enough and they will finish in those pots. Not sure if I should flower just one large plant or 2 smaller ones, I know for sure I do not want to cram 3 girls in this small space (any feedback is appreciated).

2. And you're growing what and tending them how? Try to give as much detail as you can if you're going to do a journal because other new growers tend to come and have a look at what you did to get an idea of how they need to or not to do. Good luck. Right now your plants look nice. Just don't get freaky when it takes them a little while to get rooted into those very large pots. They form roots as the very first thing and don't use much water or grow much foliage until their roots get good and established. You'll see them start to put on new growth faster and they'll pick up and begin to use water. Just never water your plants unless the bags feel dead dry. With these soil grows, they don't like their roots wet all the time and it makes a bigger root ball for the plant. And a side note...the more light you give them, the better plant you will produce. Your space is pretty small and about 2 plants is all you're going to have room to flower in there. You don't help yourself by overloading your light. You can harvest more from one plant that gets all it needs than you can from 3 flowered in the same space. But it depends on the strain you're growing too...so you'll have to make those determinations on your own. Best of luck to you. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 R@nd0m3, Sep 8, 2016
    Thank you I edited the original post with a little more info. Ya after doing some research I found out I am using entirely to big of a pot to start, so I have been overly careful not to water to much. I appreciate the feedback!!!

4. Then do it in the grow journal section

5. #6 R@nd0m3, Sep 8, 2016
  6. So its day 10 and yesterday I noticed the tips of the leafs started to turn, kind of like they wanted to invert. I did some reading and came to the conclusion my lights were to strong 150 watt HPS and 300 watt LED around 18 inches away. So I decided to not use the HPS and raise the LED a little. Since doing that they look better but I am going to continue to monitor them. Any thoughts how using the LED and HPS at the same time and the light schedule you'd recommend?

7. Day 20 of Veg

Everything is looking good on of the girls is a little droppy but I did hurt some of the root during transplant I think. The other 2 look great. I am going to top the one in the 1 gallon white pot and FIM the 1 girl that is not droppy, I do not want to stress the plant with damaged roots so I may let her go all natural (any feedback would be nice). I am still using nutrients every 3rd watering, the LED stays on 18 hours a day and the HPS stays on until the room heats up to much (8 to 9 hours a day).

8. Day 26 of Veg

The girls are looking good, I decided to top the plant in the white container and FIM one of the others. The one plant that I injured the root I left alone to just grow. Let me know what yall think, I am probably going to flip them in a week or 2, I just want them to recover from transplant/cutting first.