1st Hydro Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Kactai, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Hi all,

This is my first grow in hydro and first grow in over 15 years. I’m running on a flood table with Chelated (pH perfect) nutes. Using 40-50ppm tap water for this grow.

I’m running a vivosun 2x4x5 tent with two SF1000’s and a Chinese 300w blurple LED for the flowering set up. Veg is under three 4ft led strips putting out 48w each.

I’m currently 10 days into the 12/12 cycle and things are looking great. Just added the trellis today.

any tips, advice or recommendations are welcome and appreciated!

D52A2781-DAC4-4D5E-9F48-D80C24A3C1AF.jpeg 208BEC88-581C-4E36-BCEF-ACDE6CC5FD63.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome to the City.

Several hydro growers so you'll have plenty of company.

BNW

3. A little bit more LST today. Week 2 continues but I’m seeing daily changes in the ladies.

Attached Files:

4. Welcome new friend, looks like you are off to a great start. Looking forward to see the Grow progress and mature.

5. #5 Kactai, Aug 20, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    The tent looks packed solid..... I am likely overstocked. Hopefully it doesn't affect my yield too much.

I also cut a bunch of clones from the mother plants so that I can start my veg and have some rooted and ready to go into flower as soon as I harvest the current table..

The Cindy 99 mother is done for. Luckily I have a new batch of seeds on the way next week.

Attached Files:

6. That’s a good plan to have cuttings ready to go for the next run. I usually take cuttings about 6 weeks before I need them. That way they not only have a good root mass, they’ve been potted up to #1 size pots, topped once and branched out when placed in the main chamber.
    You may find that your grow is getting too crowded. At that point you may need to remove 1/2 of the plant count. They are going to branch and stretch.
    You are off to a great started. Keep us posted and we can help if you get stumped on something.

7. Day 15 of flowering.

mixed a fresh batch of nutes, continued some LST and super cropping to even out the canopy and took off some lower growth that likely would have turned to little popcorn buds.

I also set up the AC unit today as I was getting temps up in the 90’s for the first time this summer.

I made a mistake with my dehumidifier and dried out a few of the clones that I had cut the other day. Most of them still look ok but the two closest to the outflow from the dehumidifier are toast.

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome! Thanks for taking a look!

Attached Files:

8. Those look better after the defoliation and LST. Should be interesting observing the difference in growth under the two different lights.

9. #9 Kactai, Aug 22, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    I’ve had a few issues with the right side of the table. The two back right clones were put in super late in veg and the level on the table was a bit off. So the right side never really took off. I had the 300w Chinese LED in the middle and all of those tops went crazy so I moved it to the right side to try and give that side a boost. The table is level now and I’ll likely put it back in the middle.

I’m probably doing too much.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Everything is rolling along nicely.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yes, rolling along!
    It's a good feeling to have after worrying about them earlier.

• Like Like x 1
  12. So I did probably the last bit of defoliation today on day 30 of flower (start of week 5). I’ve removed a good number of the larger fan leaves. Do they need more defoliation at this point? Tiny bit of tip burn on the larger so I also lowered my nute strength from 1250 ish EC to about 1050.

Attached Files:

13. Oh boy! This first grow is making me giddy. Am I ready for harvest? I think another 7-10 days but I’m not sure. Any advice would be appreciated! This is day 58 of flower.

Attached Files:

14. More time, wait for the hairs to turn orange and within a few days of that

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1