1st hydro grow journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by fletch205, Feb 20, 2012.

1. So it's my 1st hydro grow and decided 2 make a journal, . . . So for the set up, for now I'm experimenting with led lighting and 2 10 UVB tubes to back it up, if it all gos pear shaped back to the 600w metal halide, I'm planting into soaked rockwool cubes that are sat in clay pebbles to hold them in place, For the res, holds 25litres, ive got thermo heater in to keep temps constant, also an air stone to oxygenate the water PHed at 5.6,

So I've germinated and planted 2 big bang auto flowering seeds, there being watered in a flood and drain system, flooding for 15mins every 12 hours.

For any one wanting to know cost of the setup for the veg grow room. All in around £200

For the flowering room although technically I don't need it for this grow cost around £300

Anyway il get some pics sorted.

Attached Files:

2. Ok so 1 of my little girls has sprouted nicely but the shy 1 is seriously struggling! As I've plenty of room il leave it and see what happens but chances are it won't make a plant. Bad seed i guess. Also tonight I've set 1 white widow X big bud and 1 black sugar seed to germinate. Pic updates to follow.

3. So the best big bang seedling is looking really good and the roots had already outgrown the starter blocks so its been transferred, the shy 1 to my surprise has shaken off the seed casing and sprouted nicely! Both the white widow X big bud and the black sugar germinated and have joined the rest of the girls. I 4got to ad the other day I scrapped the led system as it didn't convince me it was up to the job! I've since changed to two cfls an 1 UVB tube, the little girls are responding well. Il try upload some piks but my phone has been playing up.

4. The first big bang seedling is starting new growth and the shy one is changing daily. The white widow X big bud has popped its casing off and is opening up nicely, and finally the black sugar has popped up with the casing for now. The plants are all looking green and healthy.

5. image-1798627562.png

The 1st big bang

image-3783127677.png

Black sugar

image-3871147871.png

White widow X big bud

image-472182057.png

Shy big bang

6. So it's been a while since I wrote an update, so my girls are in week 5 now and we'v been through a lot, the cfl dropped on the plants early last week and scorched the leaves a little, but there all in the bigger blocks now and 2 days ago I moved them into the tent under the 600w MH and there looking a lot better already. The best big bang is continuing to out grow the others, and the worst of the bunch is the black sugar, witch is a waste of time but il leave it as I have plenty of room.