1st Hydro Grow - Bubblegum, Blue Mystic, Lowrider 2, Strawberry Cough

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by schmedrickk, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Hi Guys,

Here is my first official Hydro Grow. I tried several soil grows and they bombed out because I couldn't get a firm handle on the PH and Ferts. If any of you are wondering about Soil vs. Hydro, take a look at this journal, the results are astounding. I am a rookie grower, and if I can do it, anyone can, lol

Before we get to the pictures, here are some general specifics about my environment. If you have any questions, or need details, please feel free to ask, I will answer any questions that I can.

Environment:

Grow Tent - 4x4x7
    Lights for Veg - MH 400W (air cooled)
    Fans - 90CFM Intake, 185CFM Exhaust*
    * Will connect Carbon Scrubber when odor warrants it
    HydroPonics - 8 Gallon BubblePonics System
    Medium - NetPots with RockWool Cubes

Fert Strength:

Germination - 1/8
    Week 1 Veg - 1/4
    Week 2 Veg - 1/4 - 1/2
    Following Weeks 1/2 - 3/4 Through Harvest

PH Level:

5.8 - 6.2

Ferts - Veg:

Fox Farm Grow Big (Hydro)
    Fox Farm Big Bloom
    GrowMore Liquified Kelp Extract (Norwegian SeaWeed)
    SuperThrive
    Botanicare Cal-Mag

Strains:

Bubblegum
    Blue Mystic
    LowRider 2
    Strawberry Cough

My BubblePonics setup is a work in progress, so you will see some changes as we go along.

I tried to transplant two sick plants from soil, and it didn't work, so I scrapped them and started over :mad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lowrider 2

[​IMG]

Bubblegum

[​IMG]

Blue Mystic

[​IMG]

2. Week 1:

This is where the plants started taking root in the Hydro System. I added Strawberry Cough late in the game (lower left)

[​IMG]

LowRider 2

[​IMG]

Bubblegum

[​IMG]

Blue Mystic

[​IMG]

Adding Strawberry Cough in the next Post

3. Looking Good brother .....Keep up the good work i'll be watching this ....

Don't think I've seen the lowrider run on hydro before .... Gonna be interesting to see what kind of numbers you can pull off them ....

Best Regards EazyGreen ....:D

4. Nice man! i wana try hydoponics soon, btw nice system you got there.

5. Week 2

This is where the HydroPonics really started kicking in, the growth of the plants is nothing short of phenomenal. I am also adding a few pictures of my Digital PH/EC/TDS Meter which is Critical for a Hydro Grow.

Once you have your plants "dialed in" they will grow incredibly fast!

[​IMG]

LowRider 2

[​IMG]

Bubblegum

[​IMG]

Blue Mystic

[​IMG]

Strawberry Cough - It's a Runt right now but it will be OK

[​IMG]

Critical Meters to Monitor the Environment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I never understood this one but here it is, lol

[​IMG]

More to follow next week :hello:

6. Off to a great start! They all look vibrant and healthy. I like your controller. I am also growing blue mystic hydroponically, mine is in a 5 gallon bucket bubbler tho. I'll be following this one. Peace

7. Defiantly seems to be coming along nicely. I am beginning to become more and more interested in the Bubbleponics™ systems. MH 400w is perfect for the 3 plants in Veg., however are you planning on swapping to HPS for flowering? You might want to consider it, or adding an additional low-wattage HPS fixture. Get those dense, resinous buds we all love!!! Keep up the good work.

8. Nice looking so far.
    Feminezed seeds?
    and does the hydro system filter out its own water? or what? i havent read up on the premade systems.
    But very nice setup.
    lookin forward to seeing how the lowryder 2 ends up. Thats what i plan on doing in a single bubble bucket soon.