1st hydro grow (4 strains with the same nutes) week 2

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by knucklemonkey, Oct 15, 2019.

1. First hydro grow. Hydroton recirculating drip table (4'x4' with 12 5 gallon bags). All from femmed seed. Cultured Solutions nutes.

This is the gorilla glue early on and I think it looks good but I'm wondering about those thick ridges on the leaves:

Same table just a couple of plants away I have this Punch The Cake. Everything is the same but this bastard doesn't look so good. There are other PTC plants that look pretty good so I guess this is bad genetics?

Also have some Alaskan Purple and some Cheese going.

Old school soil guy so this is an experiment but I want to dial things in.

What do you think?

2. The plants look very unhealthy.
    Those light green ridges are probably due to under-feeding and/or over-radiating.
    Or over-feeding, which caused a lockout.
    Maybe a CalMag need.
    Injured leaf places often get light burn.

Plant ailments are very difficult to diagnose.
    I'd make sure nutes were around 400 ppm, including some CalMag, and lights weren't too close, if those were my plants.

3. 2 pics there and they look completely different. Same diagnosis on both plants? The GG has no burn or tip issues where the PTC seems to be more what you’re referring to? Thanks, curious about both.

4. Both plants appear to be suffering from the same striped leaf ailment.

5. Watering 4 times a day for 1 hour at a time

6. F8AA9C28-014F-452A-91B5-5520327BD5C1.jpeg Like I said, lights are not close

• Like Like x 1
  7. What's your pH like mate. Nutes should be sound so guessing it's that. Should be starting at 5.7 and letting it drift up to around 6 3 before fixing it.

8. Oh and also just realised that's a 60gallon res. I hope your emptying it every 7 days.
    The reliability of the res goes downhill pretty quick after that.
    Should be like 18-22*c aswell. And finally, are you using hydro guard or sonething line that to keep it clean?
    The last ones totally unrelated but just thought I'd check.

9. Temp is right at 69F. I change the water on Sundays. pH is at 5.9 and I have a Bluelab pH controller that keeps it there.

I’ve spent all the cash and gotten what I think I need. I’m using Big Time Roots (180ml) and I’ve used H2O2 (36%) in very small amounts to keep things nice.

you can tell by the Gavita light I haven’t spared any expense. I also have a Bluelab monitor going so I can ensure everything stays where I’m trying to get it.

I just need some tips. I have the bankroll and desire to dial things in this is just a good bit different than soil. I’m convinced I can get this dialed in. Thanks again.

10. Yikes. The Cultured Solutions tables calls for 1-2ml of COCO CAL (2-0-0) and that's where I was at (120ml in a 60gal res), but I added another 2ml per gal (another 120ml) lst night and check this out today:
    Clearly I've got an issue here. Perhaps I needed LESS COCO CAL based on what was happening?

I had things here on a fresh res:

300ml UC Roots
    120ml Coco Cal
    120ml Veg A
    120ml Veg B
    +181 big time roots

Pretty much just like week 3 on this schedule:
    [​IMG]
    Ok so I'm going to empty the res this morning and reset. Do I flush with fresh water (40ppm and about 6.5pH on the RO water). If this was your grow what would you do right now?

11. I’ve drained the res and am running the schedule as normal with 30RO Water at 6.0pH.

How long do I flush before getting back to nutes here? I’m goi g to reduce nitrogen and UC roots and see how they react.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum